View Full Version : Congrats to new instructor

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Jan 2000, 18:07
Congratulations to StudentInDebt - a long time contributor to Wannabes - for passing his FI(R) course this week.

Hip hip...

StudentInDebt
27th Jan 2000, 23:29
Hooray?

Cheers WWW, thanx for all the sage advice you've offered me (especially the bit about not doing the JARS - I listened!!)

I expect I'll become a regular here as well now, I know I'll be asking a lot of questions so maybe not as a contributor....

luvly jubbly
27th Jan 2000, 23:46
Does that make you Instructorindebt now??

Well done.

G-SPOT
28th Jan 2000, 00:17
Student In debt Well done....did mine the day before Xmas Eve. got 9 students already get yourself a page a day diary!!!!!!!

Which brief did you have to do??? I got the short straw with "Forces in a spin"

Managed to talk my way into effects of controls pt1 for the flight test though phew!

Did you do the 1 hour night derestriction? seems an insignificant amount for instructing at night doesn't it

Spooky innit, keep reminding yourself not to leave a cheque as you leave the club!!!

Oz_Pilot
30th Jan 2000, 16:01
Forces in a spin is (relatively) easy, aerody in incipient and centrifugal when developed (blah blah blah)(was my 1st briefing for 16 students... and CFI and two fellow instructors...)

Congrats, StudentInDebt.

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th Jan 2000, 18:17
I'd be lost with Forces in a Spin. I could do with a really good way to brief VOR tracking as well, at the moment it turns into one big description and lots of drawings. I've struggled to come up with a good analogy but...

StudentInDebt
30th Jan 2000, 18:59
Brief was a weather and inflight navigation.

Exercise was 6.2 (which I managed to ham up nicely)

I did do the night de-restriction (fortunately cause I did it at the same time as rating issue the CAA aren't charging me for it). I do feel a little better about flying at night but I'm sure 1 hour isn't enough....

I still can't talk my way through the spin and recovery let alone brief someone on it!!

mrzippo
30th Jan 2000, 20:14
Likewise WWW
Could do with a good brief on VOR tracking
Any suggestions appreciated

Gear up Shut up
31st Jan 2000, 12:33
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif ;) :) Congrats S in D....... :) ;) http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif
As far as a VOR analogy is concerned, I always used to get the student thinking of spokes on a bicycle wheel........just a thought!