PDA

View Full Version : Scarybatics

GusHoneybun
8th Aug 2004, 11:48
Chap(ette)s,

I was blathering on to a chum of mine who has recently retired from being a Nigel and he seems to have got it into his head that it would be a good idea to purchase something to scare himself silly doing all those silly aerobatic type things.

Anyway, he wants to acquire something like a Pitts S2 or Slingsby or Cap 10B. Now, does anyone anywhere know of anything like this for sale as it would be nice to have a friend who owns such a beast of a machine.

toodles

ACW 335
8th Aug 2004, 14:44
I would love a Slingsby (the 260bhp one though!). I saw some ads when the RAF was selling them a while back. Don't know if there are any left.

Monocock
8th Aug 2004, 14:49
who has recently retired from being a Nigel

:confused:

rustle
8th Aug 2004, 15:10
Oh for goodness sakes a "Nigel" is a BA pilot.

Ergo, a "retired Nigel" is a retired BA pilot.

DB6
8th Aug 2004, 18:11
Try www.aerobatics.org.uk . Look at the adverts, under 'communications'. The Fireflies were all sold, mostly back to Babcock, but they really are excellent aerobatic trainers, if a little slow in roll. If money is no object probably an Extra 300 is les ballons du chien.

Jetscream 32
8th Aug 2004, 18:23
I got one for sale, with air conditioning - very low time let me know if he is interested.

I like it becuase you get to see when your friend sat next to you is a lighter shade of green, although not cleared for tail slides or inverted spinning but I can do most other things.

stiknruda
8th Aug 2004, 18:30
J32 - inverted spining and tailslides are where the fun is!

Don't all Daewoo cars come with aircon? I'd rather have the extra energy at the prop not on the climate control!

DB6 - see you soon hopefully!

Stik

DB6
8th Aug 2004, 21:04
Stik, hope to make it to Sherburn for the Tiger but only spectating.
J32 is Invershnoozy Inverness? And have you got G-ZEIN?

Aim Far
9th Aug 2004, 09:14
There was a guy at Manston selling some Fireflies recently including a 260 which I flew last year - very nice plane. I don't have the contact details but there were ads in Pilot or Flyer so check out the last couple of issues.

I got an T67M200 in the end. Also very nice plane and easier on the fuel bills. Makes a reasonable tourer too.

ACW 335
9th Aug 2004, 16:31
Unfortunately money is a BIG barrier for a 19 year old student.....:{

I really want a share in a firefly, buying is seriously out of the question unless i win the lottery.

Anyone know of any shares in SE England going....?

Croqueteer
9th Aug 2004, 17:54
For value for money with performance, I don't think anything comes close to a Pitts S1S operated under the PFA.

Jetscream 32
9th Aug 2004, 19:33
DB6 & Aim Far

Yep Inverness, I left in Jan 02 - Yep G-ZEIN

That was me @ MSE i am now @ BOH - IN is @ Factory @ mo on annual.

Rotate!

DB6
9th Aug 2004, 21:23
I didn't think I'd seen it at Inverness. Beautiful aircraft, if only I had the dosh...

petes1s
10th Aug 2004, 09:00
Hi

I know of a Slingsby T67 A in the SE.
It's based at White Waltham and there are a couple of shares available for about £3,000 I think.

When I was in the syndicate they ran it at £40 per month and £55 per hour - not bad.

The "A" is one of the early wood models with a small engine and no inverted engine systems.

However, it is still very nice to fly and nice to chuck about.

It's currently having its 3 year CofA, so when it comes back it'l; be a good time to buy

cheers

Petes1s

ps I now have a Pitts S1S on a permit, performance bargain like no other.