PDA

View Full Version : Flying Instructors Beer sesh

puddlejumper
24th Jan 2000, 01:54
Is there ever likely to be one or would that be considered too 'kleeky'. We could all swap war stories and whinge about JAR. All accompanied by a good dose of ale. Any thoughts?

PJ

BEagle
24th Jan 2000, 02:41
At the evening event between the 2 days of an FI(A) revalidation seminar, perhaps??

[This message has been edited by BEagle (edited 23 January 2000).]

Wee Weasley Welshman
24th Jan 2000, 12:25
Hmmm, could be alright. What location?

puddlejumper
25th Jan 2000, 01:43
You mean people are going to brave those 2 day seminar/workshop events!! I think I'm flight testing and hours this time round. Where is everyone based - I'm Cranfield, but as you all know it's not the centre of the universe. WWW, where are you as you're the main man! Any suggestions yourself. It would have to be weekends for me (or maybe Friday).

PJ

Bendo
25th Jan 2000, 02:22
Gees....

Do you Poms really need PPRuNe to organise a P1ssup with other instructors???!!!

How very sad http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Emmigrate down here!!! :)

Gear up Shut up
25th Jan 2000, 23:49
Do you really want us to come all the way down there for a beer? No one closer? :) :) :)

Wee Weasley Welshman
25th Jan 2000, 23:52
I have a good female related excuse to come down to Milton Keynes... I guess most you guys are Darn Sarf.

BEagle
26th Jan 2000, 01:29
Is 'Darn Sarf' some Celic expletive??

G-SPOT
26th Jan 2000, 01:57
How about a mid week "fly-in", a flour bombing competition, then out on the p*ss, flying out the following day after a cardiac corner breakfast....

All we need is a venue, I could throw a dart at a 1/2 mil......

Dirty Stall
27th Jan 2000, 00:09
think our students might get suspiscious when 30 aircraft arrive at Halfpenny Green ( or wherever ) on Dual cross country flights and the weight and balance calculations involve a crate of Stella !

Tinstaafl
27th Jan 2000, 02:48
Hmmm....the students might not mind if the return trip with a sozzled instructor is classed as 'solo'.

Would we still make the students include the (by now consumed) Stella in the W&B calculations for the return trip? If really nasty it would be a whole new calculation for him/her since the Stella's arm will have changed from baggage compartment to pax seat.

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Jan 2000, 12:30
Formation Cross Country! I like it!

Flangemeister
29th Jan 2000, 08:48
Me & few other FI mates regularly get together for an evening of beer, hand-waving, beer, stories of our brilliance, beer, being really attractive to girlies, beer, singing like a rock star, beer ... etc.

We're even prepared to travel to other venues in the south/midlands to drink with like-minded FI types.

How about it? Post the time and place - we'll be there!

Flt1
29th Jan 2000, 22:11
Im not a qualified instructor yet but am a qualified drinker, can I go. MK suits as a location.

PPRuNe Radar
30th Jan 2000, 00:30
I reckon the poor FI who has to endure Richard Spandit must really be in need of a beer !! :)

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]