PDA

View Full Version : Jerez/Battle Creek

Sean Dell
30th Mar 2000, 14:26
Anyone been tempted by the recent Ads in flight for both of these places? Do we know any salary scales and benefits. Am I correct in thinking that WWW is off to Jerez? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

S D

Meeb
31st Mar 2000, 01:22
Be careful if thinking of going out to WMU at Battle Creek. Most of the UK instructors left quite some time ago, all that are left now are a handful of Brits and loads of Americans. Battle Creek is a dump although the next town down the road, Kalamazoo, is not too bad. There was major problems with visa's, if that has now been resolved then it might be worth a look, settle for nothing less than an H1 visa though, a J1 is useless unless you only want to stay for 2 years. It looks unlikely they will get another BA contract, and they have lost the Aer Lingus contract, but maybe they have others in the pipeline. I must say I enjoyed my time there, the money is good and the standard of living that it buys is superb, but it is VERY different from Europe! One thing is for sure, Spain does not get the terrible weather Michigan gets in the winter, its nice in the summer though. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Wee Weasley Welshman
31st Mar 2000, 22:08
I am in Jerez and I am finding it most agreeable.

BEagle
1st Apr 2000, 00:02
Hola, WWW!! Es muy bien, Si??

Wee Weasley Welshman
1st Apr 2000, 17:18
Bora Da BEagle!