PDA

View Full Version : PPL Syllabus

mickg
8th Nov 1999, 00:14
I am a RAF QFI about to leave the Service. I am hoping to do some part time instructing and would like to get hold of a PPL syllabus so I can compare it with the RAF one. Does anybody know if there is one online?

Also, we have a document that describes how to teach each exercise. Is there anything similar in the civvy world?

Thanks

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Nov 1999, 00:33
There's the AOPA Guide to Flying Instructors - its not as good as the CFS produced guides but there you go. Available I believe from the Tranair bookshop.

BEagle
8th Nov 1999, 01:38
Bit of an obvious question - what type of licence do you have at present? Do you have a civil FI rating and have you sent the appropriate JAR declaration form off to the CAA? The bureaucracy needed to teach E of C 1 to a PPL student is mind-boggling compared to that required even by the Waterfront!! With the death of the BCPL you'll need a CPL as the very minimum these days. Or did you get your ATPL on the Timmy?

Speed Twelve
8th Nov 1999, 03:11
Although a civvy instructor at a PPL school, I was actually issued a set of CFS notes for the air exercises on my FIC course. I reckon these are better than any PPL instructor's notes I have seen, and so use the CFS version for training my PPL students, obvious differences such as PFL technique and circuit pattern aside. The only other factor to remember is that I'm not teaching them on a Bulldog (pity!).

Cheers-
ST

mickg
9th Nov 1999, 02:21
Beagle,

I have: Tri* rated ATPL (+SE/Land 1179)
Civvy FI(unrestricted) rating
A2 Tucano QFI

I have the JAR declaration. For my FI rating to be JAR-FCL compliant do I only have to sign and send off the said form? (After I've read all of the associated docs of course)