PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest for a Socata TB-9 group

VelocityUK
5th Aug 2004, 10:13
Hi all,

I am trying to gauge interest for a 8-10 person Socata Tampico TB-9 group share based in / around London.
For those who aren’t quite sure what a TB-9 looks like, you can find pictures of the plane and panels here:

Socata TB-9 photos on Airliners.NET (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?nr_of_rows=80&maxres=500&keywords=tb-9&keywrange=aircraft&first_this_page=0&page_limit=15&sort_order=photo_id+DESC&thumbnails=&engine_version=6.0)

The TB-9 has the same engine has a Piper Warrior, is 8 inches wider and a gives you a bit more head room too! It’s spacious, comfortable and very car like from inside.
It makes an ideal transition from trainer to tourer.

I have done some research and have found we can very easily pick up a 1990 model from Europe for around the £40k mark (inc VAT). Costs would therefore be at around £4-4.5k per share. Fixed fee of £45 pcm to cover insurance, new bits and bobs, parking / hangarage and maintenance. I reckon we could get away with an hourly rate of £35 wet!

Recently qualified PPL’s welcome as well as those with several hundreds of hours who are looking for a change of type.
The A/C would be based at either Elstree, Stapleford or North Weald.

Interested parties please PM me or reply here.

Many thanks.

747FOCAL
30th Aug 2004, 22:38
Anybody that wants to work for a guy like this. Here is what he sent me in a private mssg:

I need to get it out

What does this have to do with Aviation? Even from a darkened dusty cave where he struggles to find power for his dialysis machine, whilst being rained upon by daisy bombs, Mr B haunts you???

You’re just another stray American looking for sympathy. Why don’t you grow up?

Distasteful but maybe now you can understand and realise the true extent to which Americans are hated:

ASK WHY?

..and learn why 9/11 is a lie, a stageshow, a bull**** story designed to con Americans and the world.

Have a nice day!

end quote.

Prolly want somebody to fly it straight into Buckingham Palace.

Edited to remove links.

Monocock
31st Aug 2004, 19:31
Is there something in the water recently as I cannot make head or tale of this (or a couple of the other current threads).

Did my recent birthday make me instantly too old to comprehend where certain people are coming from.

Will I soon be nodding inanely in bus shelters wearing beige?

Please someone, tell me I'm not going mad....

BRL
31st Aug 2004, 20:13
Nah, you went mad years ago, you just havn't sussed it yet. :)

By the way, the links removed were links to pictures of a couple of anti-america pictures that involved the attacks on the WTC.

These are nothing to do at all, I must add, with 747Focal who simply passed this info on to us. (Thanks for that.) :)

747FOCAL
31st Aug 2004, 23:09
I find it amazing that a moderator would remove the links. This guy obviously thought we Americans deserved to have somebody fly planes into the World Trade Centers.

Somebody like this should not be allowed to fly anything, anywhere.

If he ends up flying into Buckingham Palace its the mod that removed the links fault.

c-bert
1st Sep 2004, 11:26
That's gratitude for you...

BRL
1st Sep 2004, 11:54
The removed links were pictures celebrating the nine-eleven attack.

MikeEcho
1st Sep 2004, 20:56
For peets' sake 747FOCAL, why don't you grow up?

velocityuk2
2nd Sep 2004, 09:33
I apologise in advance to the mods and the likes of Monocock for carrying this thread on in the direction of 'no where' but I do need to and must defend myself and give this little fu**er his just deserves.

This racist, after calling Arabs "rag heads" and the French "canal pals" :hmm: and displaying the most xenophobic views ever must think he's receiving some kind of blessing from the gods in that he hasn't been reprimanded by the mods.

My old ID appears not to be working any more. I'm not getting any sort of errors. It just does nothing after entering the details. So I was forced to register another name.

He say's:

"I find it amazing that a moderator would remove the links. This guy obviously thought we Americans deserved to have somebody fly planes into the World Trade Centers."

What a load of rubbish. He's taken my message out of context. People should read his recent posts, you will then realise what a coward he is being by twisting the truth and the context in which I delivered the above message.

Basically, the git was crapping on about how 9/11 is supposed to be some major event in the course of humanity and how no one should condone anything that remotely tries to take the p*ss out of it. All I said was look at these pictures and ask yourself why people do it??

Anyone who wants the links to the pictures in question - get in touch.

And yes, I have an alternative view of the attacks. Like hundreds in aviation!

So Focal, far from catching a would-be terrorist you've actually been exposed as an immature little fool.

Sorry to all again, btw the TB offer is still open.
Regards,
Velocity.

S-Works
2nd Sep 2004, 09:47
Am I missing something here? What has this all got to do with the original post about a group on a TB9. Which by the way are a lovely aircraft even if they do eat runway.

BRL
2nd Sep 2004, 12:59
Agreed, now where is that key..........