PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Start

Stiff Under Carriage
20th Jan 2000, 15:46
I am a Grade 3 instructor looking for a start in the industry, it doesn't have to be instructing. It can be as a Jump Pilot, on a Mail run or Charter. Preferably in Oz.

------------------
Success is a Journey, Not a Destination.

Bendo
20th Jan 2000, 18:45
You got tailwheel time, Stiify?

AV8 consultants
21st Jan 2000, 04:04
Do you have any other skills besides being a flight instructor? Most schools are looking for a varied background and people who can market the company and find their own business. I had similar problems but I marketed myself and made myself an appealing asset to a school. I did this and the day after I finished my instructor rating I got a job. Be creative, don't expect jobs to be advertised or be given to you easily. Be prepared to wash aircraft answer phones and do many other duties that are not flying related.Good luck.

[This message has been edited by AV8 consultants (edited 21 January 2000).]

Stiff Under Carriage
21st Jan 2000, 11:35
Thanks Bendo, I have flown a taildragger, it was a Chipmunk, I do not have a tailwheel endorsement but I am willing to getting one ASAP should it be required..

AV8, I have been doing a lot of the odd jobs around a company a Canberra, washing planes, looking after the place when all is out, but nothing yet, as there is no need for me due to the amount or lack of work. But again I'm willing to start anywhere doing anything..

------------------
Success is a Journey, Not a Destination.

Charlie Foxtrot India
21st Jan 2000, 13:41
Good luck, hang in there and your time will come.
Meanwhile please don't be tempted to work for nothing, or that is how others will value you, and your colleagues won't thank you for it!