PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh Results

FWA NATCA
3rd Aug 2004, 14:53
Another fantastic year was had at Oshkosh, I met several pilots from the UK, South Africa, Brazil, Spain, and France as well as several air traffic controllers.

When I left Sunday after work the control tower had exceeded over 12,000 operations, this was one of our safest years to date, and some of the best weather that I have ever encountered during the EAA fly in.

Regretfully this was my last year as a controller at Oshkosh, I'm transfering down to A80 (Atlanta Northern Georgia Tracon) so I will not be eligeble to work as a controller at Oshkosh, but I will try to return as one of the numerous volunteers.

For those of you who have never flown or visited Oshkosh, you need to make it one of your goals as a pilot to attend at least one EAA convention at Oshkosh Wisconsin. The experience that you will have seeing thousands of aircraft, talking with and meeting thousands of other pilots, experimental aircraft builders, and manufacturers who all are extremely friendly, can not be described in a few simple words.

The EAA has managed to make the EAA Convention in Oshkosh a truly international event. You need to spend at least one vacation in your life time, at the EAA Convention in Oshkosh, you will not regret it, and you may end up being one of our international visitors who return again and again.

Mike
NATCA FWA
(Soon to change to NATCA A80)

fernytickles
3rd Aug 2004, 20:31
If you have a way of communicating to all the other pink shirts, please thank them for a great job. I flew in and out almost every day on various trips - the whole ATC set up is just fantastic :ok:

I flew out and back again this morning, and it wasn't half as much fun

Roll on next year :D

FWA NATCA
4th Aug 2004, 17:56
I will copy and post your thanks on our NATCAnet web site. A well done needs to be given to all the pilots for helping to make this one of our safest years at Oshkosh.

Mike
NATCA FWA
(A80 NATCA on Sept 5)