PDA

View Full Version : FI(R) Supervision

Vortex1
20th Mar 2000, 01:32
Just got my FI(R) and have been offered part time work with a small club. I understand some of the days they require me to instruct there would be no FI present, but he would be contactable by phone - therefore I would effectively be operating on my own. They assure me that this is approved by the CAA, can anyone verify this for me before I end my career before getting started.

BEagle
20th Mar 2000, 10:29
If that's 'contactable on the aerodrome' but not actually in the Club then perhaps - the FI will at least know what the weather etc. are like. But "I'll be on my mobile..." - no way!!

A Very Civil Pilot
20th Mar 2000, 21:30
The FI can be away form the airfield in as much as flying at the time, and contactable by RT. Anything alse sounds a bit iffy.

BlueLine
21st Mar 2000, 23:34
Vortex 1

As a FI(R) you cannot operate without supervision. That means that a FI must be available in the club, in close vicinity i.e. on the airfield or flying in the local area where they are contactable by radio.

Supervision is not defined in legal terms so ultimately it would be a court that decides what level of supervision would be approprite in given circumstances, and that would most probably occur when someone is suing you for all you are worth.