PDA

View Full Version : TAILDRAGGER BRIEFINGS

Cessnaboy
13th Jun 1999, 13:32
Hi all,

Does anyone have or know of, where I can get Taildragger conversion notes (or any good reading material for tails.)

I've flown a bit in them as a banner pilot but that was before becoming an instructor and now want to clarify what I should be passing on to the masses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Luke SkyToddler
14th Jun 1999, 11:29
There's an excellent book called "The Compleat Taildragger Pilot" by Harvey S. Plourde. Amazon.com can sell you a copy for $25 US. Its' ISBN number is 0963913700 if you prefer to get it locally.

Slasher
16th Jun 1999, 14:55
Ill attend any briefing done by Taildragger. Er...what will he be talking about?

redsnail
19th Jun 1999, 14:55
Slasher, I think the next series of lectures by Taildragger is on the 8 hour rule. Topics include, how to maximise alcohol consumption prior to it, what can be done to minimise the boss's wrath and the final wrap up is on, why the archaic rule must go.

------------------
reddo

Taildragger
19th Jun 1999, 16:45
Now now Fans...less of the lip....The 8 hour rule is actually the 50 Metre rule...
Now Cessnaboy, I have some "How to land a 'dragger in 50 easy lesson notes which I can make available to you.....only trouble is, I am here, and the notes are there.
It will be around 10th July before I can lay my hands on them. Are you in the UK.??
I can Fax them to you if you are, otherwise, I will copy them and send via mail if you E-Mail me privately with your contacts.
There are also a lot of good Videos....apart from the obvious subjects...on Taildragging via Sporty's Pilot Shop.
Otherwise..it's Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice etc etc.
I Three point 'em........only way. (Covers head against incoming missiles)

Gog
23rd Jun 1999, 16:35
Rudder!.......no! more rudder ........rudder...lights~!!~!.........Taking over.....................