PDA

View Full Version : Do CABAIR take rookie instructors?

ATPLstylee
11th Jan 2000, 01:15
Can anyone tell me if Cabair take any
non-Cabair sponsored instructors?

I will shortly have a CPL and a glorious FI rating and gagging for a job.

Also are they any good as an employer, a friend of mine used to be an OPS chap at one of their schools... and admits to them being the biggest bunch of cowboys ever..

Something about overcharging and artificially milking students and not passing them on a PPL skill test until at least 60 hours are in that log book.

As a newbie I cant afford to be choosy!

p.s I dont know if he was winding me up or not.. :)

airmail
12th Jan 2000, 21:58
Whilst I don't work for them, I do know that they do employ non sponsored instructors both on the fixed and rotary side.

As for treating employees, don't expect the bosses (director level and partially management) to respect you in any way shape or form. I've seen (at first hand) the way in which they treat their staff and they aren't in line to win any HR awards.

If you want further info, email me at [email protected]

Regards

Boeing Freak
12th Jan 2000, 22:07
Airmail,

I think your wording is abit harsh!!
I am currently doing a 509 course at Cabair and the flying instructors all seem happy. The instructors are given students and are left to sort them out how they please. It may sound like a shambles but the results are pretty good!! It tends to be the more senior staff who get it in the neck.

airmail
13th Jan 2000, 13:27
BF

Sorry, I should have made it clearer that I was talking about the Flying Schools and not the College which I have no experience of.

The instructors that I know are very good but the senior management do leave an awful lot to be desired as far as their man management skills go.

Like I say, I've seen it at first hand.

Regards

[This message has been edited by airmail (edited 13 January 2000).]

Key West
18th Jan 2000, 05:16
I also have experienced Cabair senior management at first hand and its true that Thiefcote and Greed (or whatever their names are) are not in line for any man management awards.

The time at Cabair wasn't a happy one, just a means to an end; it could have been so different.

KW