PDA

View Full Version : 682 vacancies

capt beeky
26th May 1999, 21:22
I've been told that Oxford is losing 25% (6) of its basic flight instructors over the next few weeks. Airlines and other schools are reaping the toll. I understand that after working there a few months the new guys are still ending up with a negative 'bonus' that they owe the company. I'm told its an 'incentive'.

Any wannabees with cpl/ir and 800 instructional could do worse, but don't believe anything about the bonus.

watford
9th Jun 1999, 19:59
I gather they are so desperate that they are considering dropping the 800 hour minimum. New contracts with Aer Lingus and SAS are to blame. Watch out for the advert in Flight, or get in ahead of the crowd.

Dunno about the bonus scheme but they're going to have to do something positive if they're going to get enough people.

Pax with chutes
11th Jun 1999, 11:54
I myself was caught out by this one, not at Oxford though - another reputable training establishment. Lasted only 3 months and found that I had to seek alternative employment - mainly financial but some sanity reasons. I feel it is a good step for people who want to hear the latest airline recruitment rumours.

capt beeky
14th Jun 1999, 02:45
Oxford have just lost some more and have stopped more leaving by wielding the big contract.