PDA

View Full Version : So. Did anyone actually do any flying today?

rustle
28th Jul 2004, 20:14
I managed a couple of hours at Blackbushe, but didn't leave the ground at all :O

Anyone else?

S-Works
28th Jul 2004, 20:20
Yep! Just got back in from an hour and a half of burning holes in the sky. Cloud base at 5k a bit hazy in places. Stopped at Leicester for some fuel and landed back at the strip with a tailwind that appeared out of nowhere in the flare and made the end of a very short grass strip come up uncomfortably quickly!!

IO540
28th Jul 2004, 20:58
Why not? In the SE, sunshine, but hazy.

Microheavy
28th Jul 2004, 21:31
Today being Wedensday is my flying lesson day. Today was the first nice clear calm day in Dublin for the last week or so.

I spent today sitting infront of a computer trying to edit an over complicated TV documentary.

Today was a miserable long day.

Trislander
28th Jul 2004, 21:33
Sure, managed SOU-Alderney and back. Gorgeous day for it apart from a little haze.

TheKentishFledgling
28th Jul 2004, 21:37
I flew for the fifth day in a row...twice today!

First flight was with an ex RAF instructor and my grandma in the back. Pretty daunting flying with an ex-RAF guy with tens of thousands of hours logged in hundreds of types!

Second flight was with a few mates...good fun.

Hopefully taking other grandparents tomorrow!

tKF

Charlie Zulu
28th Jul 2004, 21:45
Had a ride in the middle row of seats within an N reg Aztec E this afternoon.

I'm probably flying myself down to Goodwood (in a Warrior) tomorrow afternoon.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

Kolibear
29th Jul 2004, 07:11
No chance :( Aircraft is in pieces in the hangar having its annual. It won't be ready until the weather gets worse.

Thinks.. why not schedule its annual for the winter rather than the summer )

c-bert
29th Jul 2004, 07:46
Tried flying on Friday from SOU but the Battle of Britain Memorial flight were hogging the taxiways and ATC. Eventually got on the runway only for a dodgy magneto to ground me. @rse!

wbryce
29th Jul 2004, 07:52
I got a flight in yesterday!

Done low level circuits to practise my landings!

Didn't think the weather would permit, but it cleared up a tad! :)

GuinnessQueen
29th Jul 2004, 08:31
Am I the only one on this forum that works for a living????:confused:

AerBabe
29th Jul 2004, 08:32
Kolibear - I assumed there was another reason you hadn't been seen on the airfield in the last 5 or 6 weeks. :sad: :O

GQ - You just have to find the right job. :ok: BTW, do you know if our favourite rodent is healthy?

maggioneato
29th Jul 2004, 08:33
Yup, got to Sheffield City, then Sturgate, Sandtoft, back to Sherlowe. Top marks to Sheffield, £5.88 to land, food, very friendly airfield, one I will be going back to. Good day out.

dublinpilot
29th Jul 2004, 09:47
Favouriate rodent?

Kolibear
29th Jul 2004, 11:22
AB - Like what??

Megaton
29th Jul 2004, 13:27
Yup. Half an hour of turnbacks, PFLs and aeros. Top fun it was too. :ok:

Grainger
29th Jul 2004, 15:58
Fantastic day out.

JetRanger over to Oban (Thanks Paul) - PFLs, autos, nice workout with a practice hydraulics failure and a splendid lunch afterwards.

Beats working for a living :ok:

AerBabe
29th Jul 2004, 20:52
dublinpilot - Favourite rodent? Chipmunk!!!

Kolibear - Like a certain person being around the airfield...

PH-UKU
29th Jul 2004, 21:00
Me too ....... just over an hour of glassy water, rough water, crosswind and damaged floaty practice ...... on buyootiful Lochs Earn and Tay ... got the test on Friday :-o

Thanks to Marilynn at www.caledonianseaplanes.co.uk

Maxflyer
29th Jul 2004, 21:29
Nice little jolly over to Wellesbourne and back home in time for tea.

Charlie Zulu
29th Jul 2004, 23:25
GuinessQueen,

You're not the only one who works for a living... I do too but it turns out that in my 5 week rota I get 16 days off, well 17 if you count the day I start the week of nights.

At the moment I'm on my 4th out of 7 days off in a row... ;)

Ah the joys of the IT industry (thanks BT!).

Charlie Zulu.

Manc
30th Jul 2004, 00:19
Half a dozen circuits at Woodford with some useful crosswind :uhoh: landing practice

Wycombe
30th Jul 2004, 07:17
Very nice trip (with 2 pax) out of base airfield and around London on Tues evening, in our newest 172 (another SP, delivered in Feb, the one on the stand at London Airshow if anyone went).

Was surprised (but actually quite grateful, in all that tight airspace) that it was so quiet for such a nice evening.

Usual excellent service from Thames and Farnborough on the way around :ok:

c-bert
30th Jul 2004, 07:32
My first solo cross country yesterday! :uhoh:

LowNSlow
30th Jul 2004, 10:05
Sitting staring rabidly at my screen and an uncompleted Monthly Report, contemplating my first Guinness for 5 days after a course of antibiotics necessary to slow down my racing innards. Looking forward to the end of my shift on the 11th August when I get 28 days off :ok: :ok: Bet it'll be raining in the UK by then though :suspect:

1pudding1
30th Jul 2004, 10:15
My first solo today! :D

rustle
30th Jul 2004, 10:19
c-bert Congrats - what was your route?

1pudding1 Congrats too :) Good game, isn't it ;)

1pudding1
30th Jul 2004, 11:16
Oh yes, im quite enjoying myself with this little lark. ;)

S-Works
30th Jul 2004, 11:17
GuinessQueen,

And I just have no work ethic! :)

c-bert
30th Jul 2004, 13:24
Thanks Rustle.

Nothing too adventurous. just round the local VRPs, but I'm told it was classed as cross country as I was more than 3 nm from the airfield.

And yes, it is a rather good game, if a tad costly. :rolleyes: