PDA

View Full Version : Jobs post instructing - any tips?

Wee Weasley Welshman
5th Oct 1999, 00:39
I'm knocking on the door of 1000hrs now and will be starting my IR in a week. After my IR course I will return to instructing for a long hard winter of poverty whilst applying for that first non-instructional job on a twin.

Anybody know of outfits that like to hire wippersnappers like me or have any tips on how I should sell myself?

Cheers

3Greens
5th Oct 1999, 19:01
Try AirMed at Oxford. Heard they were looking for pilots with simular experiance. good luck!

Capt Homesick
6th Oct 1999, 03:16
A week ago I would have said try Debonair!

PS Giza job!
PPS Good luck on the IR!

[This message has been edited by Capt Homesick (edited 05 October 1999).]

luvly jubbly
7th Oct 1999, 07:01
WWW. You probably spend most of your non instructing life reading these forums, so I would have thought you, more than most, would already have the answers!
My previous instructors seem to have just about blitzed any company that operates aircraft. Why just look for the twin jobs. Why not try for the big jets too. You may just strike lucky.
Good luck with the IR. By the looks of the Airshow the other week, it's a bit of a bugger!
Can I ask if you're doing the CAA or JAA IR course?
Like you,(subject to class1) I intend to gain CPL, before instructing for a year or two to become more employable, then getting the IR.
I'm a bit concerned at the prices being quoted for the JAA approved IR course. Why the sudden cost increase??

Good luck, whatever you choose to do

While I'm on here WWW, which club do you instruct at?
I'm now looking to build some P1 hours, and beautiful as the Northumberland coast is, I'll go mad after circling over Holy Island for 90 hours! Don't fancy going south for a couple of hours as I'm scared to death of the Vale Of York AIAA with millions of Matz!
I quite fancy flying out of Welshpool for a few hours, as my parents live not too far away. Also do you know of any clubs around Tenby/Saundersfoot? I was brought up in Camarthen and love that part of the world.
------------------
What the Hell's that noise??

[This message has been edited by luvly jubbly (edited 07 October 1999).]

[This message has been edited by luvly jubbly (edited 07 October 1999).]

Wee Weasley Welshman
7th Oct 1999, 11:18
Email me. I think I can arrange PA38 at 50 quid an hour for 50 hour blocks.

Best of luck,

luvly jubbly
8th Oct 1999, 06:52
Thanks WWW,

I think I'll Email you when I get back from work.
50 hr blocks is a bit much though. I'm now paying just 69 quid per hour all inc at Newcastle for PA-28, which isn't bad at all.
I'm also going to look into VTR2, to see if I can get it for hours building.

Good luck with the job hunting.

------------------
What the Hell's that noise??