PDA

View Full Version : Another near miss over Switzerland?

Capt.KAOS
26th Jul 2004, 13:55
There are rumors about another close encounter between Dutchbird and Alitalia over Switzerland recently. One of the a/c's had to make a dive while the other remained on course. Further rumors are about 6 more near misses the last 6 months. Can anyone confirm?

ZRH
26th Jul 2004, 14:47
Where did you hear that? In the BLICK newspaper? If it is indeed the BLICK, then I am surprised that there have only been six. They usually sex up the numbers to several a day:yuk:

Be that as it may, I am really curios and would love to know a little more about these supposed near-misses. Care to elaborate?

Capt.KAOS
26th Jul 2004, 15:25
Hmmm Seemed to have touched a nerve here? No axe to grind ZRH. Twas in a (Dutch) newspaper today with (apparently) good airlines connections. Since you seem to be in the area, maybe you can elaborate?

ZRH
26th Jul 2004, 17:14
Nah, no touchy nerves here Capt. Just interested, thats all. Haven't heard anything this side. But then again, I am usually the last to find out.

Capt.KAOS
26th Jul 2004, 17:32
Rectification:

It was V Bird Airlines (not Dutchbird) on it's way to Nice. It happened over Geneva.

BUSHJEPPY
26th Jul 2004, 17:52
It happened on 17th of July in French airspace but controlled by Skyguide Geneva.

7 near misses are registered so far for Skyguide in 2004.

With the introduction of avoidance control system, many before unnoticed near misses are now reported

thoma-hawk
26th Jul 2004, 17:54
For near misses closer to home, venture towards the uncontrolled airspace to the East of CVT and you won't fail to be disappointed. Another close call yesterday betweeen an inbound Thom-Fly at 13:50 and an outbound light aircraft (poss training flight - approx 6nm out).

Robert Vesco
26th Jul 2004, 19:10
Especially for those lovely and down to earth folks from ZRH, here (http://baz.ch/invoke.cfm?ObjectID=F4F18E78-60CF-2062-F4FE1843AF914A34&method=displayFull) is a link from the Basler Zeitung. ;)