PDA

View Full Version : License Conversion

NeilG
25th Jul 2004, 20:15
Hey,
does anyone know the steps that are needed to convert a Canadian Commercial License to UK standards?
Thanks,
NeilG

Apgrau
27th Jul 2004, 14:18
Sorry mate..got nothing for you from down under but i checked this post out cause i also need some info!

Does anybody know what the requirements are and what is involved to convert my australian CPL, CIR/ME and ATPL(theory) to the JAR's one? I got a european passport and i wanna check out my chances over there...

Thanx for any help i might get...:confused:

divorcingjack
29th Jul 2004, 10:01
Hi NeilG,

Have you already got a canadian CPL ? I am hoping to head out to vancouver in the next month or so to build my hours up and come home with a ICAO CPL/IR. As far as I know, and I could easily be wrong .. the CPL conversion involves sufficient trianing to the satisfction of the CFI at an approved school and sitting the CPL Skills test. You will also have to pass the 14 ATPL exams - I think this can be done residential or distance learning - that is the hard bit ! Let me know if you will be in the area around sept/oct time - I'm looking for some company for the long lonely hour building time !

Best of luck,

Divorcingjack

Prospect
30th Jul 2004, 21:50
NeilG

Take a look at this website for some good info

http://www.harvsair.com/tripleaflying/

Canada Goose
1st Aug 2004, 16:10
NeilG,

Divorcingjack has touched on the requirements. If you are also converting a Multli IFR you are required to take a minimum of 15 hours training (10 sim & 5 twin) and the flight test fee is nearly 600 quid (that's pounds not dollars !!) !!

I've just got my last set og results through, and I don't know how (well maybe I do ........ thanks Bristol !!) but I've pased all 14 exams !! It took 12 months and believe me it's a total frickin nightmare, so think hard before converting !!

Good luck !

CG