View Full Version : MFA

gearupflapup
25th Dec 1999, 15:05
what is the latest news on Malaysian Flying Academy(Melaka)'s recruitment drive, and how many students do they have currently?
Also, are there any charter companies in Malaysia who will recruite non-malaysian low-time pilots? any info is appreciated

ah
26th Dec 1999, 19:17
It appears that capt K... V.S.M. (very stupid man to ex empolyees) has been bluffing again and no one has yet been employed, all talk again and dreams. Its his way of trying to extend his contract and stay out of India, and remain in Malaysia with his girlfriend (and wife, poor lady).

No there are sweet FA charter companies left, and if they had jobs they MUST first go to ex malay airforce pilots which there are lots of, next in the line is the 300 hr cpls who went to Oz and wasted dads money, and then you might be lucky. In 98 when I was lat working there there was 2 charts companies left operating, and at that time malaysian airlines wasnt hiring, although they would or should have recovered now and started recruiting again, although at dec 98 there was over 60 trained fo's waiting for to be placed on the roster!

Try the aero clubs in singapore, lots of ab initio hours though, good pay and conditions.

smiley
19th Feb 2000, 11:34
Hi
wanted some info about MFA.
Thinking of doing my CPL/IR twin and if possible do charter. Any advice??
Email me pls..

Satan
17th Jan 2001, 17:05
Hey people,

The **** has hit the fan at MFA. They are again going down the tubes. There is not going to be any more batchs from MAS. Any dreams of cotracts from other airlines are just that.

Anybody with plans to spend lotsa money with MFA - don't.

THey however do have 10 PA28's and 4 Pa34 III's which will be soon be fading in the sun.