PDA

View Full Version : Spaceman?

AerBabe
23rd Jul 2004, 20:29
To the microlight pilot who announced to me on the radio this afternoon that he was at "one hundred thousand five hundred feet in the overhead":

What engine have you got in that thing? :confused:
I suppose there's a large area which could be deemed to be 'overhead' at that altitude. :D

To the other people I was trying to speak to on the radio at the same time:

Sorry it went quiet for a minute. :O

Fly Stimulator
23rd Jul 2004, 21:57
Take cover - the JetBug (http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/flylight/doodlebug/news.htm) has obviously evolved into the RocketBug! :uhoh: :ooh: :eek:

FNG
24th Jul 2004, 09:10
I hope that Rocket Kid was in fact at 1499 feet, otherwise it's another case for Air Constable Bigglesworth.

Next time I fly at North Weald I am going to pretend to be Hungarian on the radio, in order to tax Aerbabe's legendary reserves of tact, calm and patience.

Flash0710
24th Jul 2004, 11:56
Did you clear him for re-entry?:)

F.:E

FNG
24th Jul 2004, 13:16
Outside AB's remit, I'm afraid. You have to talk to Elstree for orbital entry clearance. At least, that's what they'll tell you.

Keygrip
24th Jul 2004, 14:05
Wonder how accurate his navigation gear was - how did he determine that he was overhead a small airfield from 16.5 nautical miles high?

He wouldn't be able to see it from there.

Pilot should take some Air Law lesons, too. There's no need to call an Air/Ground station from super flight levels - the ATZ stops well before that.

shortstripper
24th Jul 2004, 15:57
Give the guy a break! ... If I got that high in anything, let alone a mcrolight, I'd tell anyone and everyone who'd listen :p

SS :)

AerBabe
24th Jul 2004, 18:24
I am going to pretend to be Hungarian on the radio FNG - It's ok, I have a pre-recorded message on a loop for that situation: "Say again". :O

I found out today that the radio is piped into the orange juice garden for public amusement. :{