PDA

View Full Version : Aeros Over Suffolk - Is it you?

J.A.F.O.
23rd Jul 2004, 17:44
Just to say to whoever it is who manages to get airborne and practice his/her aeros in the Tunstall/Blaxhall/ Wickham Market area most Friday evenings in something that sounds quite meaty - THANK YOU. :ok:

Thanks for making me look up on a summer's evening and smile.

capt.sparrow
23rd Jul 2004, 23:18
Thats not aero's - I just get caught out by the thermals off the market.

Flash0710
24th Jul 2004, 00:58
No but soon..........:E

stiknruda
24th Jul 2004, 14:50
JAFO

'Tis not me - but very easily could be, I play around the Halesworth, Eye, areas most weeks.

If you want me to come a few miles further south, just ask!

Stik

J.A.F.O.
24th Jul 2004, 18:44
There are few finer things than to hear an aeroplane being thrown about overhead, with the last of the days sun on your face, the smell of new mown grass in your nostrils and the first drink of the evening in your hand.

At least that's the way I imagine it if I ever get five minutes to call my own.

Any time you're over Tunstall, stik, just waggle your wings over the green and there'll be someone waving.

AerBabe
24th Jul 2004, 19:16
Stik, I know it's a bit out of your way, but would you mind flying over my house every now and then? :ok:

Pitts2112
26th Jul 2004, 17:42
AerBabe,

You don't want Stik flying over your house 'coz he's got an ugly airplane. You want a nice one that won't embarass you in front of your friends. ;-)

Pitts2112

stiknruda
26th Jul 2004, 17:53
Oh Pitts 2112 - you are so spectacularly simple - I know exactly who you are (2112 was just too easy) and I know where you live!

Stik

Pitts2112
26th Jul 2004, 18:06
Of course you do, but you'll never make it down here through all the controlled airspace!

So, where does AerBabe live? Think she'd fancy two beatups in one day, even if one is an ugly airplane?

Pitts2112

Wide-Body
26th Jul 2004, 20:01
To ALL

If any aeros are done anywhere in the uk, especislly low noisy ones it must be FLASH 0710. :E

(Sorry flash mate but we might has well have one good scapegoat ;) )

Luv

Wide

The staight and level one never below 3000 ft (honest)

AerBabe
26th Jul 2004, 21:44
Pitts2112 - I like Stik's aeroplane. It's such a pretty colour. What do you have that's so much more attractive then?

witchdoctor
27th Jul 2004, 10:49
Maybe his is bigger (snigger, snigger!!!);)

Pitts2112
27th Jul 2004, 17:31
AerBabe,

So you know the offending machine, then? I've not been on PPrune for very long so don't know what links people have. I had been hoping to save you from seeing such a nice plane spoiled by such a girly colo...wait! I think I've just figured it out. Of course you'd like Stik's plane, then!

And it's not a case so much of mine looking better or being bigger than his. His can be ugly in an absolute sense, it doesn't need comparison. Still, it could be worse. He could be flying a Scamp!

Pitts :-)

Flash0710
27th Jul 2004, 19:26
Cheers Wide old bean.!!

You are only upset as you are now getting told off at LM instead of me:p

Have pics 4 u from t'other day when we were over that desert at 7000 feet.;)

Thats fun:ok:

J.A.F.O.
27th Jul 2004, 22:58
666 people have viewed this so far, were you really all performing aeros over Suffolk last Friday?

Now that's what I call a devil of a formation.

stiknruda
28th Jul 2004, 08:36
JAFO - intended to head down your way last night but as it was so hazy, once I found a blue bit with horizon I stayed there.

Big aeros comp at Fenland this week!

Stik

J.A.F.O.
28th Jul 2004, 22:37
Thanks stik

I've got some summer leave so my darling wife has me on hammer, nails and stop the house falling down duty.

stiknruda
29th Jul 2004, 07:31
Nearly happened again last night but this inversion prohibits quality practice - so I helped with harvest instead!

Tractor has assymetric brakes, too!

Stik

stiknruda
29th Jul 2004, 20:52
JAFO - tonight the wx was better so the plan was to rehearse the competition known sequence a couple of times lob into Seething for motion lotion, then depart for your gaff - run through the 13 figure sequence until I had burnt off enough fuel to allow me to get home, get to the comp and do the first sequence!

The first bit of the plan worked like magic - practiced, then lobbed into Seething.

However today was Lowestoft Air Show and Sething was Airshow International. By the time I arrived at 1850 all the cool dudes had poked off and I was offered the use of the overhead to practice in.

Cool gig:D :D

I'll make it down mid next week.

Stik

J.A.F.O.
29th Jul 2004, 21:47
Cheers Stik

I go on holiday next Tuesday but feel free to have fun overhead anyway.

formationfoto
2nd Aug 2004, 07:51
Stik
YOu shoiuld have been there earlier. Four gazelles and a lynx doing a private airshow for us and the usual partial displays from the other returning acts. Two Harriers v.low and fast was a spectacle. If Lowestoft is on again next year come over and amuse us all with trying to chat up the Butterly girls!.

Actuallt the best part of the two days was the Grace spit. Carolyn is such a nice lady and she knows that the aircrfat is the star - such a graceful (pardon the pun) display. RESPECT