PDA

View Full Version : PTC Flyin in Waterford 31-July

dublinpilot
23rd Jul 2004, 12:41
Anyone from here going to the PTC flyin in Waterford next weekend?

dp

TonyR
24th Jul 2004, 12:19
Sorry, have arranged to go to Carlisle, I did not know about it

Tony

Irishwingz
24th Jul 2004, 23:50
Sorry I'm in Wellington. I did'nt know about it:p

dublinpilot
29th Jul 2004, 14:36
Guys,

I'll probably be going down to this on Saturday, back Sunday, from Dublin.

My right hand seat will most likely be free, so if anyone wants to sit in it and hold the map, then pm me.

dp

S-Works
29th Jul 2004, 20:54
I am going Saturday, staying over night in Waterford and home Sunday. Beech Duchess twin, be there around lunchtime.

Aim Far
30th Jul 2004, 11:51
I've been in Waterford this week. Try it out, its a lovely place and the airport staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a major festival on this weekend as well so it should be a fun place to be - might want to book ahead though.

But I have to leave today so will miss the fly in. That is assuming they fix the fuel pump but they're working on it now so here's hoping!

S-Works
1st Aug 2004, 20:59
Just back from a stunning weekend at Waterford. The PT School guys are a lovely friendly bunch and felt us feel really welcome. BBQ at night was a fine assembly and the festival in Waterford was a blast with loads of beer and fine music.

Flew out at FL85 to beat the rain and crap when we took off. Clear blue skies up there and silky smooth. Viz when we finally came down at Waterford was stunning.

Flew back at FL75 on the way back and only saw the crap viz and turbulance that charecterised the UK weekend when we descended form the Daventry VOR. (what is with bloody gliders and VOR's???)

Stunning weeekend. Thanks very much Waterford and PTC.

dublinpilot
2nd Aug 2004, 20:09
Yes, a very enjoyable weekend.

Thanks to they guys in Waterford.

Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Bose x.....next time :)

Microheavy
2nd Aug 2004, 21:59
Hi Dublinpilot,

By any chance, did you fly down in CMB ?

If so, we're clubmates !

birdlady
11th Aug 2004, 11:06
Hi Guys
Maybe slightly off the topic but Ill post anyways....
Im in SA at the mo where Ive just completed my ppl and my hour building. Im returning to Ireland in the near future to pay back some dosh on the old steaming credit cards. I would like to do my ATP through Bristol and have heard that Pan aviation do refresher courses before you sit the exams. Is this correct ??? Im also looking to do my JAA CPL/ Multi IR and instructors any suggestions on schools where I can do these courses. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks BL