PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough on Friday

18greens
22nd Jul 2004, 16:13
Does wanyone know if the public can get into Farnborough tomorrow (friday) or is it still a trade day?

I thought here was some sort of enthusiasts day tomorrow?

robin
22nd Jul 2004, 16:14
Do you mean a special day for those new police-registered twitchers with the badges??

AndyDRHuddleston
22nd Jul 2004, 16:35
Trade day on Friday I'm afraid! No general public allowed on trade days.

Sorry 18 greens

ADRH

AlanM
22nd Jul 2004, 16:35
According to the website (http://217.158.104.225/farnborough.com/general_info/pda.htm) only Sat and Sunday are public days, which is what I was lead to believe.

The Springbok 747 will be there from tomorrow though.... which is nice!

Charlie Zulu
22nd Jul 2004, 18:51
Whilst we are on the subject of Farnborough, whilst enroute to Biggin Hill in the back of a Warrior this afternoon I witnessed an incredible sight of an Airbus performing a display.

Now that I've seen the display from the air I can now appreciate how little room those guys have to manouvere at Farnborough. Watching an A340 depart after the other landed was pretty impressive.

The two people in front of the Warrrior flew a TB200 home so I was all alone in the Warrior coming home... got routed to the south and west of Farnborough due to the Area 1 temporary restricted zone for the Red Arrows. Thank goodness for the Garmin 430 and a backup "manual" 1:500:000, made light work of the diversion. The guys in the TB200 were having a hard time without a moving map GPS, hehehe.

However I am not a GPS fan, but today I can see the value in them for backup purposes.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

18greens
22nd Jul 2004, 22:52
Thanks for the replies.

I have a ticket so I'll be there tomorrow but sadly i'll be on my own. Never mind I'm sure it wil be fun.

Heres to good weather.