PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet 737 taxiing flaps extendend in STN

PitotTube
22nd Jul 2004, 00:08
Hello,

about two days ago I saw a easyjet 737 at stansted taxiing in with flaps extended and I think using only one engine.

rumours say that the one engine overheated after landing.. does anyone have any more information, or correct information regarding this..

take care,
pitottube

B737NG
22nd Jul 2004, 00:47
If you cool the engine down after landing and shut it down you
can save some fuel and brakes. That can be a SOP so why bother
anyway ??? I have seen a aircraft taxi with .....

woodpecker
22nd Jul 2004, 08:06
Don't be too hard on him, it was only a question after all.

I expect the answer was that it is standard to leave the flaps down after landing in snow or slush. Its just a SOP

eng123
22nd Jul 2004, 08:07
Or maybe it was because the engine was shut down after it had just failed during the application of reverse thrust and the flaps were kept down just in case the overwing exits had to be used????

Just a thought!!

1 new CFM56-3 later and all's well.

22nd Jul 2004, 08:12
I expect the answer was that it is standard to leave the flaps down after landing in snow or slush.

It's July!!

Astronomy Dominie
22nd Jul 2004, 09:08
I have taxied in with flaps out for two reasons in the last few years:

(1) The FO forgot to select them up, and I didn't spot it (doh!)
(2) After a birdstrike or possible birdstrike on final, when leaving them down makes the subsequent look-see easier.

Thinking about it, (2) is a pretty good excuse to have up your sleeve when (1) happens... 'Doh' again.

Mind, it's worth telling ATC as some believe that this is an indication of one of those things we don't talk about here...

Buster Hyman
22nd Jul 2004, 09:54
So much for that secret!:rolleyes:

I saw a A330 that didnt retract gear till he was out of sight
How could you tell if it was out of sight?:p

dgutte
22nd Jul 2004, 09:59
"Mind, it's worth telling ATC as some believe that this is an indication of one of those things we don't talk about here..."

I thought that is what it stood for? Obviously I am wrong.... or am I?

Danny
22nd Jul 2004, 10:21
OK... OK! You can leave the moderating to the mods. When we catch somthing like this we will deal with it. No need for the 'Mr Angry from Purley's" to jump on the bandwagon even if some of the replies were humorous and tongue in cheek.

For those of you who wish to take part in the feeding frenzy when an innocent posts a question then I have copied the unexpurgated version of this thread in Jet Blast. As for the rest of you, please try and be gentle with the questioner and wait and see if there was any incident. If there was, then no doubt someone will come back with an explanation and if there wasn't then this thread will just drift down the list into PPRuNe oblivion.

Oh, and stop giving away all those secrets about "How to survive being a captain". :ooh: