PDA

View Full Version : Instructors ticket renewal

Goldtop
3rd Mar 1999, 16:48
I haven't instructed for over 5 years. My QFI rating expiredover three years ago and I havn't flown a single for about two years.
Can anyone give me a rough guide as to what would be required for renewal? (besides lots of dosh!)

ILSNDBVOR
7th Mar 1999, 14:25
Just fly with an FIC instructor until he is satisfied. Probably about 10hrs, plus a test.

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Mar 1999, 23:10
And as from now under JAA you will only have to do a renewal every two years rather than 13 months. Nice of them for a change. WWW

fellaX
10th Mar 1999, 04:18
Goldtop, under JAR, you must satisfy 2 of these 3 conditons to maintain your FI rating.

1. Attend FI Seminar. The first has been organised for Apr/May.

2. 100hrs instructional in the last 12 months.

or

3. Flight test with FIE.

Hope this helps.

fellaX

jumpseat
10th Mar 1999, 06:18
Call Tim ( CAA ) @ 01293 567171
He will send you a form. Send in the assesment form before June!

watford
10th Mar 1999, 19:33
Oh dear, what a lot of disinformation.

ILSNDBVOR is quite correct. Provided that the rating has lapsed by less than 5 years you need to undertake.... "sufficient ground and flight refresher training with an AFIC instructor to reach test standard, followed by Flight and Ground tests with an FIE". (CAP53, Part 1, Appendix H, para 2.14.7)

These rules apply until 1 January 2000 after which revalidation will be in accordance with JAR-FCL1 which are not quite as fellaX has stated them. The experience requirements are for ..."100 hours instruction during the period of validity of the rating including at least 30 hours of flight instruction within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the FI rating; 10 hours of this 30 hours shall be instruction for an IR if the privileges to instruct for IR are to be revalidated." (AIC105/1998 para 6.1 (a))

A Flight Instructor Rating issued under JAR-FCL1 (not a UK Instructor Rating) will be valid for 3 years, not 2 (JAR-FCL1 1.315)

ILSNDBVOR
13th Mar 1999, 15:54
Watford, good to see someone else on this forum only speaks when he knows what he is talking about, it is hard enough for wannabees without some half baked know it all's trying to tell the young and impressionable the lie of the land. (Soap box now retracted)

Purple Yetti
14th Mar 1999, 13:15
-Dumb Mode On-

I currently hold an AFI rating, with the words 'no applied instrument flying', scribbled onto my licence. . With the new JAR PPL syllabus, how do I teach VOR and NDB tracking?

Hmmm.

Goldtop
14th Mar 1999, 14:56
Thank you all for replying.
Now, can anyone recommend a good school in the North West.
My old instructor has long since retired.

watford
15th Mar 1999, 22:19
Purple Yetti - Why would you need to be able to teach applied instrument flying in order to teach a student how to intercept and track a radionavaid during VFR navigation? I suggest you re-read Appendix 2 to JAR-FCL 1.135, you will see that the only instrument flying in the Skill Test is a level turn through 360 degrees.