PDA

View Full Version : Advice on AFI training

greenjacket
25th Feb 1999, 12:28
I am looking to do an instructors course this summer. Can anyone offer advice on the best places to do this ( preferably in the south-east). There are so many options its mindblowing. Do most schools tend to favour AFI's they have trained when it comes to getting a job?

Noisy Hooligan
25th Feb 1999, 12:32
Love 'em or hate 'em, Cabair offer good flight training for the AFI rating at both Cranfield and Biggin Hill.

------------------
Whizz Bang Pop !

Wee Weasley Welshman
25th Feb 1999, 14:55
I am due to start an AFI with Bonus Aviation at Cranfield in the next few weeks. They were recommended and price competitive. I almost went to Redhill who are south of London but they let themselves down on how they handled my booking enquiry. Which was silly of them. Be careful about the new requirements - some schools insist you have to do the tests on complex aircraft etc when you do not (until Jul1st). I might have useful notes/aids/books I could pass on to you after April when I intend to be finished. Email me. WWW

greenjacket
25th Feb 1999, 17:35
Ah,WWW, we meet at last. I am a ( London) Welshman but I suggest we avoid the subject of rugby and assume Mr Henry
has a cunning plan which we as mere mortals do not understand. Like yourself I found Redhill to be at best average on the info front. My understanding is that I will do the new syllabus which ups the groundschool but now includes night flying.

Anyone out there trained at West London ( White Waltham) or Wycombe?

Wee Weasley Welshman
25th Feb 1999, 19:30
Thats You, Me and Capt Homesick all Welshman. Do you reckon we could get our own forum!? WWW

greenjacket
25th Feb 1999, 21:15
Are you proposing devolution,WWW? Mind you, the aussies already have their own site, not that i can ever understand what they are going on about. Clear skies, CAVOK. What does this mean?

[This message has been edited by greenjacket (edited 25 February 1999).]

Luke SkyToddler
28th Feb 1999, 02:02
Will you all speak Welsh? achynnlthmathachcdyfi - I swear it sounds like you're all choking on your beer. I'm sure Graham Henry has to wear a raincoat to rugby training to avoid getting salivated upon by the players as they speak. Poor sod, I hope you're paying him a fortune in compensation for lost sunshine as well http://pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/biggrin.gif

Hey I should have posted the question in this forum in the first place instead of in Wannabe's - what's the difference between a QFI and an AFI?

[This message has been edited by Luke SkyToddler (edited 27 February 1999).]

Tinstaafl
28th Feb 1999, 06:07
Hey Greenjacket...

Do you mean there is something other than clear skies & CAVOK?

What a peculiar concept! It must be bloody awkward to enjoy the sunshine then.

greenjacket
1st Mar 1999, 12:36
Oh very droll, my Antipodean friend.

Wee Weasley Welshman
1st Mar 1999, 23:54
A is Assistant whilst a Q is a Qualified. An AFI cannot authorise 1st solos and 1st solo cross country flights. An A becomes a Q under the new regs when he has completed 100hrs of teaching and supervised 25 solo flights. WWW