PDA

View Full Version : Emerald

knight_flier
3rd Aug 2001, 03:23
Nice that the Emerald Crews had to learn of the acquisition of new aircraft (Sheds) from reading Flight International!
Perhaps if we didn't have "Smithers" as our Chief Pilot we might have been told sooner, maybe that's why we didn't get the pay rise we have been promised since March too.

milf
3rd Aug 2001, 04:04
Perhaps it's time to take a closer look at the Tech log and MEL?

Should get some attention pretty quickly.

The Flying Helmet
3rd Aug 2001, 14:16
Sheds are a bit of a step backwards from the good old HS 748 !! They can only carry half of what the 748 can.

Some good planning by MO and JS.

wysiwyg
3rd Aug 2001, 20:53
but on the plus side they only generate half the noise :D

topman
3rd Aug 2001, 21:17
more weight doesn't neccessarily mean more profit, if the route doesn't need it.

"Horses for courses" I think is the term.

big bus driver
3rd Aug 2001, 22:07
Heard a rumour the mandatory compliance date for the disc mod (a-la-Leeds fc incident) maybe brought forward after another disc failure happened with channel express a few months ago.

Maybe this will push the 748's into early retirement, and the Shed is the next best option due to cost and availibility...

Doctor Cruces
4th Aug 2001, 00:21
knight_flyer,

Probably Smithers didn't know either. More likely the CEO's preferred management stratagy, the mushroom principle.

Doc C.

TicketyBoo
4th Aug 2001, 01:44
In my humble opinion, Emerald won't actually acquire any new equipment. Their adverts in "Flight" tend to reflect wishful thinking on the part of the person placing the adverts, as opposed to any actual plans for the future, or indeed any actual handle on reality

TicketyBoo

fueldump
4th Aug 2001, 03:08
does Bill Robbo still "fluggle" with Emerald

P.Pilcher
7th Aug 2001, 01:26
I've heard that they were going to take over Streamline, the Shed frieght operator, but that the dealfell through at the last moment. Has anybody heard more?

Enigmatic
7th Aug 2001, 17:09
Its here:- http://www.emerald-airways.co.uk/press.htm :) :D Wasn't that easyNow? :)

[ 07 August 2001: Message edited by: Enigmatic ]

smellster
7th Aug 2001, 18:19
P.Pilcher

Take over Streamline, where did you here that nonsense from???

P.Pilcher
8th Aug 2001, 11:57
O.K Smellster - no need to get shirty!! I heard a RUMOR and this is a rumour network isn't it? Where there's no smoke ......

The Flying Helmet
8th Aug 2001, 16:45
Latest rumour is that not only will Emerald be acquiring Sheds but also ATR 42's.

This info is quite reliable! :eek:

Night Freight 1
9th Aug 2001, 02:19
ATR's are still only a rumour but the Sheds will be with then sooner than some think :p

santas_helper
9th Aug 2001, 19:17
Dear old knight-flier clearly can not understand that commercial confidentialy needs to be applied to various issues. If you do not like it then why not leave as you clearly do not like the same Company which pays my salary and has done so consistently now for some period of time. The problem that the Company may have is investing certain information in a confidential manner which thereafter is not communicated effectively. Shorts SD360's for now and when ready the ATR should surely follow ?. Au revior and I trust you and Doctor Cruces enjoy your dogs !

TicketyBoo
9th Aug 2001, 23:55
You get paid??
Consistently??
By Emerald??

Celtic Emerald
10th Aug 2001, 18:36
You guys gossiping about me or whah????

(Paranoia setting in :eek: )

Emerald????????? :p

Sidney Harberbridge
10th Aug 2001, 19:43
Hey Santa's Helper, you've lost your occupation in your profile and I thought your hobbies were buttie wagons and young blondes!!