View Full Version : bmi pay deal

keyboard flier
20th Jul 2004, 11:31
Well it seems to be no news is .......er..... no news with regards to the pay increases at bmi.

Office staff who are represented by GMB are still no nearer a pay deal, mind you, of all the staff it relates to over three quarters of them aren't even in the union anyway.:confused:

Regional cabin crew have got their pay rise and the subsistence increase too, but the pilots are no nearer to settling their pay deal, despite the fact that they agreed a 3 year pay deal last year. They seem to be waiting for what the mainline ones get.

Mainline crew, again, has not been resolved, they have rejected all offers so far, are they waiting to see what the regional guys get?
That could cause even more problems for the company, if neither lot will agree. Still you can always rely on the senior management attitude of 'they get paid enough as it is for driving the bus' to keep things going, especially when these guys get paid more than most of the "bus drivers" anyway.

Spenda
20th Jul 2004, 12:45
bmi Regional pilots did not agree to a three year pay deal last year. The three year pay deal expired last year and the company announced at the time that there would be no new pay negotiations in 2003. Thought you might find this information helpful as the information published in the previous post is incorrect and serves only to divide pilots in the bmi group at a time when they could well do with banding together.

Peace

keyboard flier
20th Jul 2004, 13:13
spenda,
I beg to differ as my info came from an extremely reliable source within the company.

chusty
20th Jul 2004, 16:13
Keyboard flier

Maybe not so good sources, no pilots in the BMI group recived anything in 2003. As anyone with any reliable info would now.......

CarltonBrowne the FO
20th Jul 2004, 16:54
Keyboard Flier: check your source again, the 3 year pay deal ended last year. This year's pay negotiations have not been helped by the fact that the chief negotiator for the pilots accepted a management job during the process.....:rolleyes:

keyboard flier
20th Jul 2004, 17:39
chusty,
The three year pay deal expired last year

the 3 year pay deal ended last year

Does not add up to no-one receiving a pay increase last year.
My source's information is very reliable due to their position within the company.

This is not meant to divide the pilots within the bmi group, I'll leave the 'divide and rule' policy to the management, they're much better at it.

Chalky
20th Jul 2004, 18:17
Keyboard flyer

Still knocking the pilots I see:
especially when these guys get paid more than most of the "bus drivers" anyway. All the mainline pilots are asking for is pay parity with other similar airlines. At present they are getting at least 5% LESS than pilots in the "basket" of airlines on which the previous pay tracker deal was based.

CATAWAMPUS
20th Jul 2004, 18:34
K F

Your source is either ill-informed, or misleading you.

Max Angle
20th Jul 2004, 19:15
are they waiting to see what the regional guys get? I can assure you that we are not waiting to see what they, or anyone else in the company, gets. The dispute is between us and the company, what other groups are getting is of no interest.

CATAWAMPUS
20th Jul 2004, 20:18
Ahh, but what mainline drivers get is of great interest to regional drivers...

keyboard flier
20th Jul 2004, 20:46
Chalky,

'they get paid enough as it is for driving the buses
That comment was made during an exchange between 2 senior managers, and it these people who I was referring to. They are paid a lot more than most of the pilots in the company as a basic. If you did pay to work ratio between a pilot and a senior manager the gap is even greater.
I am not knocking the pilots or any other branch of the company, those who actually do the work to keep it running. The management have already had their increase, because they had to accept it, and their 1.5% will equate to a bloody sight more than most peoples' increase. I would guess that if other parts of the company get a bigger increase, they will get it also.

keepitlit
20th Jul 2004, 20:59
Just think of the poor cabin crew,their reps are also managers/csm's what chance have they got,what ever happened to mangers not being allowed to be union reps.
Which side of loyality do they stand on.

Oh Key Fly could the management that you refer to have got their facts wrong! I think so but Im sure they would admit that,
NOT!

:mad:

Rgds K.I.L.