PDA

View Full Version : Looking for IL76 or TUP 204 type!

777pilot
19th Jul 2004, 23:33
Hi everyone.
I'm looking for some info on russian llyushin typerating.I don't know where to get this type and howmuch is it.?
Which typerating would be a better choice? IL 76 or TUP 204 ?
Please give me some advice on this!
Have safe flight for every one.:rolleyes:

Boss Raptor
20th Jul 2004, 16:34
Hope u can speak and read good Russian as (except for a special few customer exceptions such as Indian Air Force IL76's and to my knowledge all TU204's still have cyrillic EFIS set up) the cockpits of both are all Cyrillic...and all the trng. courses I am aware of for both are also in Russian...and you'll have to find a suitable licence to have it attached to - ATPL exams in Russian is fun - as the IL76 is not certified across the board under ICAO and the TU204 has limited approvals on the usual Western authorities.

bafanguy
20th Jul 2004, 19:03

Just curious...what are you going to do with a type rating in one of those airplanes ?

777pilot
20th Jul 2004, 21:06
Thanks for the reply.Well i'm back home now (Iran) and I noticed that this guys are using some Russian made equipments such as TU154 and IL76 TD and when i ask them about the jobs they are asking me if i am typed on those.So I started to weighing my options for some heavy weight turbojet time experiense.
BTW ,those pilots who are runing this type of ops ,don't know a single word russian.
In a matter of fact the said,they are using only one russian PIC and one FE and navigator only for some routes in russia because the ATC is not using english .So they have to use russian crews.
I think anything else would be on english .What do You think of training cost????
Any other comments are wellcome.