PDA

View Full Version : FAA or CASA licence?

IGS
22nd Jan 1999, 19:09
I don't know I should go to America or Australia for my flying training.

Is FAA licence enable me to get a job easier in the world than the Australia one?

Many thanks

Rubber Chicken
30th Jan 1999, 17:34
Stick with the Australian Licence. In the low life circles that I hang around in there is a general feeling that the FAA licence is not worth the paper it's written on. Maybe a it harsh. Not having an FAA licence or done there training I really don't know what its like. I only can tell you what I have heard which may not make it the truth. Unfortunately the Australian system seems to be heading that way. It is now so easy to get a commercial licence. The examinations are easier and the tested content less. Hour requirements are also now less. You used to be able to do an FAA ATPL in less than a week. You buy a book with every question they can ask and you learn the answeres. Know a lot of people who did this and then came back to oz and simply converted it to and Australian ATPL. The trick is to try and actually learn something and not just look at it as an exam to pass then forget all about it.If you are Australian and trying to convert to $USD now you will lose a lot of money.
Best tip is to choose a good school with a good reputation. Don't just go the cheapest. http://pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/smile.gif

Luke SkyToddler
31st Jan 1999, 01:10
Go for the country that you want to end up working in. Conversions are nothing but a hassle.