PDA

View Full Version : JAR question

slackbladder
5th Nov 1998, 16:32
Hi, thoughts /info would be appreciated .

An Example: A UK PPL... current & no interest in flying European aircraft nor interested in converting to a JAR PPL.

CAA PPL Cert of E is 5 hours per 13 months.

JAR PPL is 12 hours or so per 24 month cycle, check flight 24 monthly and 3 takoff/landings per 90 day period for carriage of passengers per class of aircraft etc.

Does this PPL need to convert to a JAR licence and its associated class requirements as of July 99/2000 ?
If not, assuming this PPL keeps his/her UK PPL(grandfather rights), do they need to keep to the UK PPL flight experience C of E per thirteen months or go over to the JAR flight experience (90 day rule etc etc).

There are various questions similar to this regarding JAR where the JAR ops gives exacting requirements for JAR PPL's/CPL's but doesnt cover the "grey areas" like grandfather rights (ppl/bcpl/class 2 medicals etc).

Regards..

Capt Homesick
19th Jan 1999, 02:29
As far as I know, if you keep flying under your UK PPL, nothing changes- I would expect increasing pressure after a few years to change your licence, though.

Capt Homesick
19th Jan 1999, 02:30
PS, I don't know if you grandfather rights will let you fly outside UK airspace indefinitely.