PDA

View Full Version : Flying with UK JAA PPL in a plane registered in another JAA country

klausk
15th Jul 2004, 23:12
Hi, folks,

coming from the other side of the Atlantic, I have a Canadian PPL which I plan to convert into a JAA PPL issued in the UK.

However, what are the rules about flying e.g. a D-, S5- or I- (all JAA countries) registered plane with a UK JAA PPL?

Thanks,
Klaus

2Donkeys
16th Jul 2004, 06:44
Once you have your JAA PPL, flying aircraft registered in other JAA countries is no problem, subject to the usual check-outs.

Reports are occasionally heard of some JAA nations refusing to accept JAA licences issued in other JAA countries... the French come to mind :D This is very much the exception though.

2D

klausk
16th Jul 2004, 16:55
:D Thanks, this is good news.

FougaMagister
20th Jul 2004, 16:17
France accepts JAA licences from other countries without any procedure - as long as it's a JAA PPL or a JAA CPL but using only PPL privileges. They get real protectionnist (irrespective of the letter and spirit of JAR-FCL 1 of which they are part) when it comes to using a JAA CPL for commercial purposes. :*

Having a UK CAA-issued JAA CPL, I was accepted without any trouble in a local flying club in France - subject, as has been said, to the usual check-out flight with an instructor. :ok:

Cheers