PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser HMEC25 in light aircraft

Bird Strike
15th Jul 2004, 08:39
Has anyone here used HMEC25 (Sennheiser) in light aircraft, and if so, how did you find the noise? Was it sufficiently quiet once you turned the active noise reduction on?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

S-Works
15th Jul 2004, 09:18
Search the archives, this one was done to death months ago. But in a nutshell it does not work, they are designed for pressurised flight decks and they ANR is overpowered by the noise in a light aircraft. If you want lightweight and ANR, the only choice in my mind is BOSE.

Bird Strike
15th Jul 2004, 10:14
Thanks bose-x.

I did try a search but the opinions seemed a bit split, so I thought I'd ask again and see what people say.

I have tried a Bose - I did find it pretty good, but @ $1995 (Australian), it is a bit of a scary thought, as I can get a HMEC25 for less than half that...

S-Works
15th Jul 2004, 10:29
I tried it along with several other headsets so know first hand it does not work in light aircraft. It does work very nicely in the King Air though!

Flyin'Dutch'
15th Jul 2004, 10:39
Half price it may be but if it doesn't work it is money down the drain.

Boxe Xs are light weight compared to all the other conventional headsets and work extremely well.

FD

Bird Strike
15th Jul 2004, 10:57
Yep... I was hoping that HMEC25 would work, but it doesn't sound too likely then... (its being under 200g was extremely attractive to me).

I guess 340g (Bose-X) should be light enough!

Thanks again Bose & FD!