PDA

View Full Version : Multiflight info.

dynamite dean
13th Jul 2004, 09:10
Can anyone tell me how have they found Mulitflight as a company to go and fly with them for flight training. And why do they have lots of bigs jets are those guys hiring or they dedicated charter or flight training can someone just tell me, as I am considering going to them as part of my license conversion.

thanks.:=

VFE
13th Jul 2004, 12:03
Personally I was rather unhappy with the level of service I recieved from Multiflight. The two main instructors seemed rather disinterested in whether or not I was progressing and were rather too laid back in organising a decent training program for me. In all, I spent far too long training there which granted, was also down to the wx alot of the time, but I know others here have mentioned "an atmosphere" which is less than condusive to a healthy training mindset.

Got the impression from the above mentioned instructors that if they didn't take a liking to you from the start you'd be struggling. Overheard one of them in reception one day comment that another student (who is a good friend of mine) would "never gain his CPL in a million years and stood no chance of employment". That guy is now flying for a living!

Gained good experience flying in the rather blustery conditions at Leeds but apart from that - I wish I'd trained elsewhere from the start.

VFE.

YYZ
13th Jul 2004, 15:12
I called in a few months ago to try and get some info on further training and I was like pulling teeth, not helpful at all and totally not interested in my business?
Looked like a nice set up though, it just appears to be a slight staff problem.
YYZ

54.98N
13th Jul 2004, 18:02
Multiflight were friendly enough when I spoke to them. I could only do my CPL/MEP part time (weekends) and they stated it wasn't a problem. When it came around to registering to start the course they weren't interested and couldn't book me in for several months. I took my business elsewhere.

Don't think they were too bothered seeing as how busy they were :)

Regards,

N54.98N

VFE
13th Jul 2004, 20:04
Well ya know what? I buggered off without notice after my 170A and did not recieve one phone call asking if I'd be returning or even.....laughable as this idea might be..... a phone call asking how I ever got on with my test!

Seems MF are spoilt for business. Unless you either live on their doorstep or have weeks to spare and money to burn I'd seriously look elsewhere.

My thoughts, nothing to gain by saying so..... take it or leave it - I'm qualified now - don't really care..... I'm out.

VFE.

YYZ
14th Jul 2004, 07:47
VFE

I live 5 mins drive away from MF but due to the not so great reception I will not be going, unless something drastic changes?

Also,
What has been said here has been said several times before on Prune, do MF not look at Prune and take note:suspect:
I would prefer to go to a FTO near home for obvious reasons so come on MF, sort yourselves out?

dynamite dean
14th Jul 2004, 08:10
Thanks chaps won't be going there then!
Who would you recommend in that case?
:ok:

sdryh
14th Jul 2004, 11:08
I trained at MF at PPL level. Their facilities were fantastic, but there attitude to the students was not the best! I found they had no time for and pre or post flight briefings and trying to find time to ask any questions was near gone impossible. If they could just get this right and focus on the students as opposed the money they they would be great!!!

topper2
14th Jul 2004, 17:58
Have you not considered paying LFS a visit? I'm with them at the moment and I'm pretty happy so far. friendly atmosphere and the quality of training is good.

baza
14th Jul 2004, 20:41
I was really surprised to read such harsh words re multiflight. I went there about a year ago did both CPL and IR and MCC after. I personally had a great time (apart from parting with my dosh!!) made good friends with other students and got on very well with the instructors. I passed everything first time. Kate and Andy and Dave were excellent patient instructors (they needed to be with me!!) I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone. I guess you cant please everyone.

Baz

benhurr
15th Jul 2004, 11:27
ditto baza...

Same instructors, same result but a couple of years ago

crema
15th Jul 2004, 14:29
I have been looking round several schools as I have just started the theory. Went to MF I found them very helpful. I sat with current students and asked them allsorts they all seemed very happy. I was shown around by kate and I found her very honest (refreshing change!) I had a go on the sim. They spent a good hour with me. I was personally impressed!

hasell
15th Jul 2004, 15:48
Went to have a look around MF last year. Very friendly and very helpful. Got a nice tour and look around. Then, I received a further tour with a CPL instructor... got to have a go in the FNPT2 sim too... Great fun doing a circuit at LBA dusk conditions!

Regards.

Has.

Northern Highflyer
16th Jul 2004, 09:37
I had heard all the usual views (both good and bad) on this and other FTO's in the Yorkshire area. When I first called them over a year ago they weren't over helpful on the telephone and I admit to being put off them somewhat.

I decided that the only way was to pay them a visit, which I did, unannounced, several weeks ago. I had a lengthy chat with two of the instructors, a tour of the premises and about an hour in the sim trying my hand at twins for the first time. It was enjoyable, fun and relaxed. It won my vote and I start my training with them towards the end of the year (6 more ATPL passes permitting).

I also spoke to Andy on the telephone who seemed friendly and helpful. For me, a good customer service is as important as the standard of training and only time will tell if my choice is the right one. They certainly don't seem to be any worse than any of the others in this area, and if the instructors and staff are as helpful and approachable during my training as they were on my visit I will be more than happy. If not, then I can always take my business elsewhere.

Delta Echo Bravo
16th Jul 2004, 12:58
Didn't train there, only MCC and I thought that was excellent. Well presented, very professional and I got on really well with every body, but that was just the MCC. I did my training at AAA, didn't think much of it. I wouldn't recommend it to any one.

YYZ
16th Jul 2004, 13:27
Good to see a few positive things on MF, maybe things have improved since I went?
Would be good, as the facilities appear better than some I have seen.

A second visit will be in order once i have the ATPLs out of the way.

YYZ

Fuel Crossfeed
16th Jul 2004, 13:40
I can only comment on the IR training didnt do anything else there.
I completed my IR at Multiflight over 2 years ago now. Went there as my instructor at another school left for a commercial job.
I found them very good, they fitted my training in at short notice due to my circumstances and due to me working shifts. I found Kate and Andy very friendly, helpful and the facilities were good - they got me through the IR. Would recommend the IR training at Multiflight to anyone.

lissy
6th Mar 2005, 17:20
I too have had a disappointing level of service from MF. I went to see them in October (unannounced) and was shown around the briefing rooms and the hangar (so far so good) but when I rang some days later to ask a few questions the telephone manner from the lady at the other end left a GREAT deal to be desired. She sounded impatient and gave the distinct impression she had better things to do than talk to me.

Undeterred, I asked her for some follow up information plus the contact details of any ex-students who wouldn't mind talking to me briefly about their experience at MF. She promised to get back to me and never did. Absolutely astonishing for what should be a customer-oriented business.

I agree that MF has an odd 'atmosphere' but, remember, staff problems/bad attitude in any organisation are ALWAYS a result of bad management. Cherchez La CEO?

It's a real shame because us northeners shouldn't have to hawk all the way to the South to find a decent flying school.

Lissy

zcar
6th Mar 2005, 17:34
I too am training at Leeds Flying School at the moment. Good bunch of blokes, but the key to it all is an excellent instructor with massive experience behind him, and the patience (with me!) of a saint. Price is right also. Weather is a drag, but isn't it always?