PDA

View Full Version : Crm

VH-ELP
13th Jul 2004, 07:16
Hypothetically of course, what is the required procedure when one accidentally "lets Fluffy off the chain" in-flight?

Should you:
(a) say "Was that you?" in an accusatory tone
(b) Open all vents and hope no-one notices (dead givaway)
(c) Ask flight attendant to come up to flightdeck then blame it on her?
(d) Perform SMOKE/FUMES REMOVAL checklist?

I'm sure we've all been there!

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

splatgothebugs
13th Jul 2004, 07:39
I prefer to say

"Open those air vents that ones going to stink"

splat:ok:

grrowler
13th Jul 2004, 08:06
Not really appropriate when flying, but this one works a treat in a car.

Wait about 5 sec after dropping a clanger, and then ask "Can anyone smell smoke?" If you time it properly all unsuspecting passengers get a good nostril full of @rse. Excellent :E

Poita
13th Jul 2004, 08:39
I would at least warn them first by offering them my index finger, this also lets them be involved in the discharge :ok:

TopperHarley
13th Jul 2004, 12:02
"For what you are about to receive, may the lord make you truely thankfull."

Baldricks Mum
14th Jul 2004, 00:27
Upon releasing the "Bowel Flora", I used to hold up a card with a big bold 9 on it. Had it in my Jepps. The students loved it.

Not the smell, just the gag. Sorry joke.

BM

Tagneah
14th Jul 2004, 07:25
I say, did you, by any chance, happen to break wind?................

No?..........................................

Well it must have been me then!

:O

Biatch
21st Jul 2004, 12:15
Just as they catch "wind" of it (love the pun) look at them directly in the eye with a straight face and say..

"It was you"

Alternatively enlighten them with and interesting fact.... for example, when a person farts, millions of bum particles (i believe thats the technical expression) are ejected from the arse at over 100 km/hr :)

redsnail
21st Jul 2004, 14:30
A company in Queensland had a method of dealing with it. Whoever stepped on a duck immediately grabbed the non offenders' pen so s/he couldn't be written up. :E

LateNightOps
21st Jul 2004, 17:30
I believe the correct terminology is "poo particles".

I think the procedure in the event of highly flammable airbourne poo particle release is:

1. Battery Switch- OFF
2. Generator Switches - TRIP and release
3. Standby Power Switch- OFF
4. Vents- Closed(to avoid drafts)
5. Bleed Air Heat Switch- OFF
6. Fire Extinguisher- ACTIVATE

>>>WARNING<<<

Occupants should use oxygen masks until poo particles clear. After discharging an extinguisher within a closed cabin, ventilate the cabin.

7. Land the airplane as soon as possible.

LNO :hmm: :p :}

Richo
22nd Jul 2004, 04:20
Not a FUNNY story but an intersting development all the same, in the FART of our lives that just has to happen.

The story as told by a mate who is a copper in WA.

A male copper was discussing the finer parts of communications with an Comms operator in the Perth Control center(police one that is) and he either accidentily, or maybe not, let Fluffy of the Chain.

He then apparently left the scence (Decamped for our police friends). The Female comms operator, did take offence at this drop and run tactic, as that gender are known to do. So she complained to her boss, and commenced formal action against the OFFENDER and the Poilce service.

Result was a large sum of money around the $50,000 to the Plod for her troubles. The judgement goes something like this ;
" As constable (careless) did not appoligise or make warning of the release of the smells resultant of digesgion, he failed to be curtious and may have resulted in the operator leaving her busy console, therefore jepordising police operations"

Like I said the story may be silightly off, but the moral is solid. This copper did recive a payout for bieng subjected to anothers FART.

Like I said food for thought (Digested or Not)

GoGirl
22nd Jul 2004, 11:53
Gee.....what a bummer :E

GG

BLO MOI
9th Aug 2004, 15:32
I prefer the old
" Having said that, allow me to say this .........."
or a more subtle attack is to direct ones air vent towards the other side of the cockpit, and let physics do the rest!!

Blown Seal
11th Aug 2004, 14:20
OOHH...ACE!

15 - Love

The game is on.

I once beat a skipper 6 games to 3 the day after some dodgy food. :}

Fart tennis, definately not pc, but really, who gives a sh..?

cabin secure
15th Aug 2004, 10:30
A darling FO (that is a very good friend of mine), called me up from the flight deck and said :
"We think the captain has Giardia, can you come up and give us your medical opinion." ( I nursed before I flew!):ugh: