PDA

View Full Version : The Chinese Aviation Industry

quinnmalachy
8th Jul 2004, 17:19
•My name is Malachy Quinn and I am seeking your assistance with some research being undertaken at the Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business, Dublin, Ireland. •My research focuses on "The Emergent Market of the Chinese Aviation Industry", looking at Boeings & Airbus' move for the large wide-aisle commercial aircraft market. I have drafted a questionnaire to be filled by a sample of industrial firms in the industry (posted below) and was wondering if you could take the time to complete it.

•Your response will be kept strictly confidential. Only members of the research team will have access to the information you give. The numbers, names, of the completed questionnaires will not be made available to anyone other than the research team. A summary of the results will be mailed to you after the data is analyzed.

•Your participation will make a significant contribution to our research and our understanding of the potential relationship between the industry and business performance. •

Questions

Please give your opinion of the significance of the Chinese Civil Aviation industry in relation to the global outlook for wide-bodied commercial aircraft ?

Do you see the consolidation of Chinese airlines into (Air China, China Southern, China Eastern Airlines) as a positive or a negative move, please state why?

With regards the reform process of the Chinese aviation market over the last ten years, what reforms do you feel have worked and what reforms do you feel are still required? Please state the reasoning behind your answers.

With respect to Airbus & Boeing, which company do you think is best positioned strategically to increase their market share in the region, and why?

What do you see as the biggest difficulties manufactures face selling aircraft in this region?

Please feel free to comment further on any other area that you feel to be relevant.

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation. I greatly appreciate your organization’s and your help in furthering this research endeavor

•With the very best wishes,

Yours Sincerely,
Malachy E. Quinn, B.Comm., MBS