PDA

View Full Version : Duxford final outcome - Success!

Flyin'Dutch'
7th Jul 2004, 17:07
Dear All,

I was contacted by Mike Cross and he told me had just received the following email from Duxford.

As you can see the total amount collected by all of us here has been given to the Veterans and British Legion in equal parts and non was deducted for the entry to the Veterans' D-Day commemorative show.

In all an excellent result from all involved and many thanks for all your support and contributions and in particular to Mike for doing all the processing and absorbing the banking costs for this.

It shows once more that united we can make a difference!

Best regards

Frank Voeten

TO: <michael.cross>
DATE: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:44:12 +0100

RE: Donations for D-Day veterans.

Hi Mike,

Just to advise you that all the money donated for the D-Day veterans is being given equally to the Normandy Veterans Association and the Royal British Legion, cheques for £1,680.00 are being sent to each.

If you require copies of cheques and covering letters please advise me of the address for posting.

Please pass on our thanks to all concerned.

Regards.

Linda.

Linda Quinn
Finance Officer
Imperial War Museum Duxford

TonyR
7th Jul 2004, 17:34
FD & Mike,

It was a great result and as you say a united front can make a difference.

It was however the result of both of you taking the bull by the horns and making it happen, the rest of us just parted with a few quid.

Best wishes

Tony

J.A.F.O.
8th Jul 2004, 01:11
Frank & Mike

I echo Tony's comments. I'm proud to have played even the tiniest part and you two should be extremely proud of the difference you made.

Cheers

JAFO

wingandaprayer
8th Jul 2004, 02:21
Frank & Mike

I too echo Tony's comments. The result we hoped for.

WaaP