PDA

View Full Version : First solo today

LeeG2002
5th Jul 2004, 10:14
Depending on the weather, I will hopefully be flying my first solo in a flexwing later this afternoon.

Been looking forward to this for a few months now.

No nerves as of yet, but I expect it to be different when the instructor jumps out!

Can't wait!!!!

:ok:

robin
5th Jul 2004, 10:24
Best of luck - it is actually probably your safest flight and is over all too soon. The high you get lasts the rest of your life...........

BRL
5th Jul 2004, 11:14
Good luck Sir, keep us posted, hope the weather holds up for you.. :)

mazzy1026
5th Jul 2004, 11:54
I feel on a high just thinking about my first solo (which is yet to come).

Starting training next saturday and it just feels great already !

Best of luck and let us know how it went on.

Maz :ok:

hasell
5th Jul 2004, 13:06
Good luck Sir,
Two things...

1) You'll never forget this flight.
2) The grin will be from ear to ear after you've completed this.

Regards.

Has.

SpannerInTheWerks
5th Jul 2004, 14:06
Hope it all goes well for you - it will always be a special day!

One thing I was told years ago, and as an instructor always pass on to my students these days (amongst many other things!), are the following wise words:

A pilot with 50 hours flying experience thinks he knows it all; a pilot with 500 hours knows he knows it all; and a pilot with 5,000 hours knows he will never know it all!

Safe flying
SITW

S-Works
5th Jul 2004, 14:30
SPITW - nice prose, not sure of the benefit of such wisdom on a first solo. But I gues it's the thought that counts!!

:O

BeauMan
5th Jul 2004, 15:48
Best of luck LeeG2002, although I'm sure you won't need luck; just put the hard work and instruction into practice, and you'll be fine. :ok:

Foxy Loxy
5th Jul 2004, 17:33
Best of luck!

(You must have done it by now.......?)

Foxy

False Capture
6th Jul 2004, 00:37
SpannerInTheWorks - I'm not sure you got that anecdote correct. I thought the more flying hours the pilot had the more doubt there was about his knowledge of flying. Surely it goes from bad to worse ie. "a pilot with 50 hours flying experience knows he knows it all, a pilot with 500 hours flying experience thinks he knows it all, and a pilot with 5000 flying hours knows he will never know it all."

Anyway, hope the weather was kind to LeeG2002 and that you're in the bar buying your faithful instructor a beer - like all good students should.:ok:

LeeG2002
6th Jul 2004, 21:40
Bloomin' weather didn't hold out for me yesterday.

Planned a lesson for this afternoon (Tuesday) as the weather was forecast better. Got to the airfield at around 16:45. Planned to start flying between 17:00 - 17:30 and would you believe it.... the wind picked up from 3kts to around 20 - 30 kts. Hung around for over an hour but still no change. Chris couldn't believe my luck! Left at 18:45 with another lesson booked for Saturday morning. Maybe that will be my day!

I was so looking forward to it. I had been mentally visualising flying the circuit including all the usual checks from startup to shutdown. Won't be long now.:D

mazzy1026
7th Jul 2004, 07:04
I am biting my nails as we type - I think you will be having your first solo on the day of my first lesson ! :O :O :O