View Full Version : CAA instructors

kanga
3rd Jul 2001, 02:12
hi all,
I'm a CAA PPL holder, the licence has just lapsed however I DO have the required flying hours completed for it to be revalidated.

All I need is for any instructor authorised to do so to sign my logbook & licence. I'm living in the west of Ireland but I'd be willing to post it to anybody qualified to sign it. Obviously I'd prefer just to meet with the instructor and get it signed on the spot. (all local instructors can ONLY sign for IAA licences)

So if you know of anybody living/passing through Shannon Airport that could help then Please email me!

BEagle
3rd Jul 2001, 02:17
Sorry mate - if the rating has expired without you having had it revalidated, then it CANNOT be revalidated retrospectively. You will need to fly a SEP revalidation proficiency check with a FE.

kanga
3rd Jul 2001, 02:19
i've been assured by the CAA that all I need is for someone certified to sign my licence as I have met the flying requirements.

Balance!
3rd Jul 2001, 02:53
Kanga
Assuming you're talking fixed wing - requirements to re-validate are
12 hours in the 12 months preceding expiry date
12 take offs and landings
1 hour dual instruction (with signature from instructor)
If you've met these criteria then you're OK as far as the currency goes, but I believe that you should have presented yourself and the evidence to the FI/E so that he/she can sign off your revalidation BEFORE the actual date of expiry. There is a form that is required to be filled in and submitted to the CAA before your expiry date. Can't remember the form number and haven't got one to hand.
If it's rotary it's a whole different ball game.

[This message has been edited by Balance! (edited 02 July 2001).]

kanga
3rd Jul 2001, 03:01
thanks balance!
Yeah I've got all of the flying requirements, however I'm flying in Ireland with a UK CAA PPL licence, so my instructor can't actually sign it.(they can only sign IAA irish aviation authority) Hence my dilemma!

Balance!
3rd Jul 2001, 03:07
Sorry Kanga, you replied whilst I was editing my response for typo's. Try a refresh and see if that sheds anymore light on it..

rgds Balance

BEagle
3rd Jul 2001, 10:36
kanga - get a letter from the CAA stating that, in your particular circumstances, they would be content for a UK/FE(PPL) to sign your licence ratings page retrospectively. Or ring the CAA and ask them the same thing - then send the logbook and licence to them. Make sure that the '1 hr training flight' has been signed off in your logbook though!

RVR800
3rd Jul 2001, 16:02
kanga

No worries - its just a quick 1 hr flight
anyway then sign off

If its over 5 years its more of an issue