PDA

View Full Version : Rennes Areo club

whitingiom
30th Jun 2004, 08:33
Does anyone have any information about Rennes Aero Club?

I am going to Brittany next week and although I can read most of their site, it would be good to know any thoughts from the Pprune masses

Cheers

S-Works
30th Jun 2004, 08:36
Nice club, nice region, if you dont speak french take some aviation crib sheets fro making blind calls. more often than not the radio is only manned by a French speaker.

The whole region is fantastic to fly in. We were at the Chateu La Chassagne last week and at Darois which is the home of Apeks aircraft (robin) and whilst again no English on the radio the welcome was fantastic.

2Donkeys
30th Jun 2004, 08:51
Not sure what Bose-X had in mind, since Rennes isn't really in Burgundy.

There are two Aeroclubs at Rennes.

Aéro-club Rennes Ille et Vilaine and Rennes Air Club

Rennes, as you will have gathered is a large-enough airport that you don't need to worry about speaking French to the controllers although from previous experience, a little French will go a long way with making friends in either Aeroclub.

Of the two clubs, Aéro-club Rennes Ille et Vilaine is probably the best to head for. In addition to the usual Pipers and Cessnas, they also fly Grobs and a Piper Cub and CR100 if you want to go upside down.

Details on their own site:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/acriv/index.html

S-Works
30th Jun 2004, 10:30
2D's it was a reflection on flying in France in general (which admittadly was a little off topic!), Rennes was a stop off for us on another trip and the welcome was very warm and friendly.

It's all just France to me...... :O