PDA

View Full Version : North Weald get-together, August 29th.

AerBabe
29th Jun 2004, 22:07
One of my colleagues has asked that some of you lot come to North Weald. He says he always likes to see interesting aircraft ... :hmm: If anyone from the Squadron objects, please let me know and I'll delete this invite.

Gertrude the Wombat
29th Jun 2004, 22:13
he always likes to see interesting aircraft So you won't want me turning up in VT then ...

bar shaker
29th Jun 2004, 22:18
AB

Any excuse is fine by me.

bs

(you still up for the charts night on the 12th? PM me)

Kolibear
30th Jun 2004, 06:53
At least that's one Pprune meeting I'll definately get to!

Theres a couple of dates that we'll have to avoid, a weekend in August when 'Air Britain' organise a fly-in at North Weald. Its a spotters convention. The Squadron have another BoB Fly-in arranged for (I think) Sept 5th.

Send Clowns
30th Jun 2004, 08:11
Does a PA28-140 count as interesting, or a Robin DR400? I'd love to come, but the rest of the aircraft I have access to are even more commonplace :(

AerBabe
30th Jun 2004, 08:28
Koliber - I think I'll be able to find out which weekends are 'no gos'. ;)

Whirlybird
30th Jun 2004, 08:39
Since the chances are that I won't make Sandown this weekend - life switched into high gear, and I can't make eight days weeks - I'd be up for it. :ok:

Errr....does a 1964 C150 that half the country seems to have learned to fly on and known and loved count as "interesting"? :confused: Or do I have to shell out some hard-earned cash and hire a helicopter?

Kingy
30th Jun 2004, 14:12
Interesting... no problem! do you want interesting historic...L4, interesting funny... Sky Scooter or interesting cool.. Isaacs Fury?

Well that's the planes covered - unfortunatly I remain resolutly dull !:p

Kingy

NinjaBill
30th Jun 2004, 22:26
It has to be the fury, when it comes to the crunch, flyupsidedownability wins in the end

NB

Kolibear
1st Jul 2004, 08:17
Whirly,

A C150 will make a welcome change from the Yaks, Mustangs, JPs, Gnats, Bulldogs, Hunter, Skyraider, Avenger, DC-4, AB etc that live at NW ;)

Current Fly-in dates are August 8th, (Pilot magazine) and Sept 12th (Flypast mag)

FNG
5th Jul 2004, 07:03
BRL, could this please be stickified as the thread for the next forum fly in? We could perhaps schedule it for September or October to mark the end of the summer flying season.

Monocock
5th Jul 2004, 08:09
What's a SkyScooter Kingy?

It sounds like a great toy. Can you post a picture?

BRL
5th Jul 2004, 09:41
Stuck. How about middle of September...?

Andy_R
5th Jul 2004, 09:58
Can I propose September 19th?

If I haven't found my own mount by then, I'll endeavour to book a 4 seater so I can take a couple more from the South Coast.

Edited for the 19th as I just spotted the 12th is busy already :O

DOC.400
5th Jul 2004, 15:37
Go for it!

DOC

AerBabe
5th Jul 2004, 18:48
I'll check the weekends in September with the chaps involved and get back to you forthwith! The event schedules keep changing when I'm not looking... Also, I don't have my shift dates with me and don't want to have to beg a colleague to swap again. :O

LowNSlow
7th Jul 2004, 16:16
Please, please, please can we make it between 14th August and September 5th or alternatively 8th October to 31st October?????

Whirlybird
7th Jul 2004, 16:55
I'm away from 8th to 20th September...riding a camel across the Gobi.

FNG
9th Jul 2004, 17:20
This is not generating as much traffic as one might hope. Is it the skull and crossbones topic icon? Are we all sick of the sight of one another after the IOW? Are we all still having a lie down to get over Ms P getting her kit off in the Tower at Sandown? Are we nervous that Aerbabe will shout at us on the radio from North Weald Galactic Control? Or is it just that, very sensibly, no one wants to go anywhere near Essex?

Evo
9th Jul 2004, 17:26
I'll come!

can I have a ride in yer CAP10, guv?

NinjaBill
9th Jul 2004, 17:47
Ill come,

lets hope i dont get stuck this time.

FNG
9th Jul 2004, 17:58
There you are Evo, you can have a go in Bill's Cap 10: he's better at aerobatics than I am. I shall probably drive in and launch the Bulldog again, as G-BXFE tends to be booked for aeros instruction at weekends. Bill: fly to Bourn as before, carry on, turn left at top end of fuggin gert big town called London: North Weald! NB turn left too soon: Stansted! Oops.

Gertrude the Wombat
9th Jul 2004, 18:26
Is it the skull and crossbones topic icon? Could be partly the suggestions that spamcans are less welcome than "interesting" aircraft - there are, after all, rather a lot of spamcans.

TonyR
9th Jul 2004, 19:22
I'll fill an aircraft and come but only if the one after is up North a bit.

What about Blackpool, Carlisle or Prestwick, or even the Isle of Man, or Ireland??

Tony

NinjaBill
9th Jul 2004, 19:40
I dont know if this should be a new topic, but i think we should have the next one at Elvington, home of the Yorkshire air museum, a ground runnable vulcan, and over 3000m of tarmac. Remember to land long or you'll be taxiing for weeks.

map5623
9th Jul 2004, 19:42
Any nearer a date yet?

Mike

LowNSlow
9th Jul 2004, 21:38
Ninja , start a new thread, I'd be up for Elvington :ok:

FNG
10th Jul 2004, 10:22
Gertrude, come on floats and no one will say anything rude about cans of spam. As for dates, we are waiting to hear from Aerbabe as to the event schedule at NW, as we do not wish to coincide with the assorted bus spotters and drag racers who frequent the place. A Sunday would be best, as both runways will be available and the grockles attending the market will have gone home to try on their knock-off Thierry Henry shirts.

Lowtimer
11th Jul 2004, 12:44
Can't be totally sure without a known date but I'm about PROB 80 to attend in the Yak. FNG and I need to do swapsies.

Flyin'Dutch'
11th Jul 2004, 13:31
AB,

Can you as thread starter pick a date. There will never be one that will suit everyone so just go for one which suits you.

That way we can work towards summit!

Maule back in the air, not sure if that is interesting enough!

FD

AerBabe
11th Jul 2004, 19:49
Did I ever suggest that Spam Cans did not count as 'interesting'? For North Weald, P51s, the Avenger, Skyraider and JPs are run-of-the-mill, no-point-looking-up-from-your-cup-o'-tea aeroplanes. When was the last time we saw a PA28 or cessnamobile? So please do come along in whatever. AND I promise not to shout at anyone. As long as they do what I 'suggest'. :=

I'll come back with a date when me, some house keys, a phone line and an events list for the airfield are able to coincide. :ok: (Hopefully tomorrow).

vintage ATCO
11th Jul 2004, 21:54
Can I come? ;) :p

MikeSamuel
13th Jul 2004, 23:22
Count me in! Been a while since I was at a PPRuNe do. Will be arriving by road, or air if any generous Midlanders can offer a lift!

M :cool:

TonyR
14th Jul 2004, 22:04
Can we have a date soon, please

Tony

AerBabe
14th Jul 2004, 22:47
Sorry sorry sorry... been working 11 hour shifts & trying to move house. Will endeavour to publish a date tomorrow!

AerBabe
15th Jul 2004, 21:47
Damnit... I don't have my shifts for September yet and I'm working the weekends suggested in August. :(

I'm a terrible host. :{

Cusco
19th Jul 2004, 20:13
Aw, C'mon AB

Get the diary out and give us a date

AerBabe
21st Jul 2004, 13:02
Sunday August 29

I bet you all come back and say that day is no good now. :{

Tall_guy_in_a_152
21st Jul 2004, 13:59
August 29th? Clashes with the Belgian Grand Prix :(
Oh well. I know who's going to win anyway, so will come to N.W. instead.:)

TG

Whirlybird
21st Jul 2004, 14:31
Aerbabe,
That date is perfect. :ok:

Rallye Driver
21st Jul 2004, 14:40
That's also the day of the "Grand, Massed 21-Ship Pup And Bulldog Formation Flypast From North Weald To Shoreham And Back", so come and give us a wave off and count us back in!

RD :ok:

AB: I saw you shifting barriers around on Monday afternoon, do you do the cone placing course next?? :E :E

FNG
21st Jul 2004, 15:00
In that case I shall be driving, as someone will doubtless have the Bulldog off to Shoreham, and the Cap 10 will probably be busy at Waltham teaching people how to chunder in negative G, but at least that means I can have a shandy or two whilst you lot drink Sunny D.

AerBabe
21st Jul 2004, 15:14
Rallye Driver - Why didn't you come and say hello then? :( I can't remember what I was up to on Monday. Was it a twist cone at the end of r/w31? Actually, the latest course I went on was 'Putting Pallets in the Back of a Pickup'. I soloed yesterday. :ok:

BTW - watch out, the Terror in the Tower now has her sweaty paws on a "Radio Operator's Certificate of Competence (Restricted)". I don't know whether that means my operation of radios is restricted, or my competence is. :{

Rallye Driver
21st Jul 2004, 17:54
AB: Sorry, but I was runnng late (having been asked at short notice to ferry our Yak from Southend to L Gransden in the morning), and only realised it was you after I had gone haring past. :*

You were at the top end of the market site near the threshold of 02.

I'm up at NW on Friday and Saturday for some formation training in Charlie Bravo, so I'll listen out then. You'll probably see us wobbling about! :}

Gertrude the Wombat
21st Jul 2004, 20:51
come on floats and no one will say anything rude about cans of spam Sod it ... can't make that date!

(Are there any amphibians in the UK anyway??)

Kingy
21st Jul 2004, 21:46
Rarrrrrh! can't make that date, I'll be at a festival in the Scillies.

Hope you have a fun day though chaps..

Kingy

LowNSlow
22nd Jul 2004, 06:28
I'll be there for a diet cheeseburger & chips :ok:

Kolibear
22nd Jul 2004, 08:02
Thats a really good day to chose AB.

Firstly, its my birthday and secondly, we're away that weekend, so I won't be able to treat you all to tea and sticky buns, nor offer you a trip in the Koliber! :(

Andy_R
22nd Jul 2004, 14:58
Sorry, no can do either, busy weekend at work that weekend :(

Flash0710
23rd Jul 2004, 02:37
Ninja-b, whats going to get stuck when u come?:uhoh:

F.:E

Lowtimer
23rd Jul 2004, 11:26
I'm one of those rare people who can do Sunday 29th! I will try to bring some sort of aerial mechanical contrivance, if not I'll join FNG in the Pimms tent.

FNG
23rd Jul 2004, 13:49
Pimms rots the teeth, dear boy, I shall be on Bolly.

Kolibear
23rd Jul 2004, 14:13
Pimm's is a very healthy drink Sir!! Its chock-full of bits of fruit, so you should have at least 5 of them a day. Its definately Pimms-drinking weather this evening

Keef
23rd Jul 2004, 23:56
Sorry, on duty August 29 - unless I can get away a bit early, like...

AerBabe
24th Jul 2004, 19:09
So, the big question is:

Should I drive to Hampshire a couple of days before and bring the WunderFlymo in? I've got some leave to take, so I would have several days spare to take it back aagin. :O

Rallye Driver
24th Jul 2004, 19:30
Spoke to the new girl on the radio at North Weald today - nice manner, very efficient. She should go far, possibly to Hampshire and back. :E

Bulldog Formation Out :ok:

AerBabe
24th Jul 2004, 19:42
Bulldog Formation, roger. I thought it might be you, after you said you were formation flying earlier this week. Sorry I didn't recognise your voice - it's a little easier the other way round. There aren't several females on the radio. :O

Chuck Ellsworth
1st Aug 2004, 10:04
I also heard a voice that did not sound like a male on the radio at North Weald when we flew in from Rush Green....and later that same voice was at a barbique.. sp?

I never could fu.kin spell.

Chuck

Flyin'Dutch'
2nd Aug 2004, 15:47
BBQ or Barbecue.

Never mind Chuck. Lot easier for you to learn to spell than it is for us to learn to fly!

:D

FD

AerBabe
2nd Aug 2004, 21:36
I'm pleased to see you've stopped being a gentleman, Chuck. ;) It was a real pleasure to talk to you and Clive - just a shame you both had to leave early.

My voice will be flying solo from now on. Today my manager signed my certificate to state my radio competence is restricted*. :ok:

* For non-UK: The licence is called the Radio Operator's Certificate of Competence (Restricted)

LowNSlow
5th Aug 2004, 05:13
AerBabe so you are now free to communicate with all and sundry! Excellent.

Chuck what took you to our lovely Rush Green International? Would it be something to do with the chap with the blue Tiger Moth?

Chuck Ellsworth
5th Aug 2004, 11:03
Why yes it did.

It was my first crack at flying a Tiger Moth, I found it to be extreemly easy to take off, fly and land...........

Just goes to show that you never really know until you actually fly any airplane whether it is unusual in its handling etc. :ok:

Chuck

AerBabe
5th Aug 2004, 19:33
It would be useful to have some idea of numbers, just so I can warn The Squadron. So can you please post if you haven't already done so, or if your situation has changed.

By Air:
Don't forget that PPR is required. Phone 01992 524 740 and be nice. ;)

By Road:
Come off the M11 at junction 7. Take the A414 towards Chelmsford. Right at the first roundabout, right at the second roundabout. Go past the airfield entrance on the right, double back at the roundabout and turn in left. Stop at the barrier, give the nice man £5 and tell him you're going to The Squadron. Go in the gate, turn left and pick up the red line. Follow it all round the perimeter road, making sure you stick to the speed limit of 20 mph. Follow the red line all the way until you reach a car park outside a camouflage building. You have arrived.

ModernDinosaur
6th Aug 2004, 11:39
August 29th? Wow - a date I can actually make! It's ages since I actually made it to a PPRuNe fly-in - am I still allowed?

Cheers,

MD.

LowNSlow
8th Aug 2004, 06:49
AerBabe I think I'm going to have to pass cos I think I'll be on hols theat weekend. Rats. I'll pop over to the Weald one day in the week to say hello instead.

Chuck I hope the Auster was at the back of the hangar as with her 36' wingspan she can be a bit of a pain to move out of the doors!

The one Moth flight I've had was great. Wish I'd accepted the offer of a thicker jacket though cos that front cockpit is breezy!

Whirlybird
8th Aug 2004, 08:29
Depends on whether I'm instructing and so on...but I'd like to come. There will probably be a seat avalable from Sleap or en-route if I do.

pbloore
10th Aug 2004, 13:23
We'll try and make it down as well. Never been to a PPRuNe do yet and I've only ever been to North Weald once (on a mercy dash to save a locked in Guinea pig!) so it would be interesting.

stiknruda
10th Aug 2004, 17:49
Aerbabe,

If the wx is nice I'll see if the other bipe boys want a jolly.

Initials for the R&B.

Stik

QuackDriver
10th Aug 2004, 19:58
Assuming decent wx and permission from she-who-must ... I'll drop by with the old Q1

AerBabe
10th Aug 2004, 20:13
It will be nice to see some new faces, I look forward to meeting you, pbloore & QuackDriver. And it would be good to see you again, Stik - it's been about a year. :(

bar shaker
11th Aug 2004, 06:05
AB

I can make it, see you all there.

Kolibear
11th Aug 2004, 07:19
Stop at the barrier, give the nice man £5 and tell him you're going to The Squadron

She was joking - honestly.

Normally its £10, but its free on sundays.

If you buy fuel, don't forget to tip the re-fueller - 1p per litre is generally sufficient :O

formationfoto
16th Aug 2004, 15:04
Sorry
Cant make this one - Seething charity air day on the 29th and am looking after the display stuff. Maybe next time.

AerBabe
16th Aug 2004, 20:39
don't forget to tip the re-fueller But not into the interceptors - he can't swim. ;)

This should be a good day - there is the Pup and Bulldog mass formation, plus a couple of individual displays (mmmmustang is one).

Paul_Sengupta
18th Aug 2004, 17:39
I don't think the Bulldog formation will be going to Shoreham...though with our navigation, you never know! We're pretty much just taking off, going round the block and landing. We'll join up somewhere over Essex (not sure exactly of the route as of yet) and make a pass. We'll be doing a practise in the morning and the official fly-by in the afternoon. Watch for the NOTAM, we're trying to arrange one.

Paul
G-DOGG (XX638), the black one with yellow sunburst pattern
(say hello to me if you're coming, but I'm new on here, so don't expect me to know who you are! I usually hang out on the uk.rec.aviation newsgroup)

Kolibear
23rd Aug 2004, 07:55
And if anyone parks on the grass, and it s bit wet, and soft, and then they get stuck..........then Aerbabe has selflessly volunteered to single -handed pull them out 'cos she's had lots of practice recently :O

Paul_Sengupta
23rd Aug 2004, 14:46
Here's the promised notam:

Ref: H6299/04
FIR: EGTT
Code: WVLW
Traffic: VFR IFR
Purpose: Misc
Scope: Aerodrome Nav Warning
Lower limit (FL): 000
Upper limit (FL): 020
Centre and radius (nm): 5143N00009E015
Parent ICAO: EGSX
Start date/time: 29/08/2004 13:30 UTC
End date/time: 29/08/2004 15:30 UTC
Activity period: null
Lower height limit: 000
Upper height limit: 020

AUS 04-08-0543/3421/AS2

STREAM FLYPASTS. MULTIPLE LIGHT ACFT FORMATIONS(7X FORMATIONS

OF 3) WI 15NM RADIUS 5143N 00009E (NORTH WEALD AD,ESSEX).

UP TO 21 ACFT MAY PARTICIPATE AND WILL REMAIN CLEAR OF CONTROLLED

AIRSPACE. FLYPAST RTE (MOUNTING FROM N WEALD AD) - WILLINDALE

(5143N 00018E) - BORHAM (5146N 00031E) - MALDON VRP - HANNINGFIELD

RESERVOIR (5139N 00030E)- N WEALD - BROOKMANS PARK VOR - N WEALD AD.

CONTACT 01299 879823 OR 07831 202057.

Come and see us!

Wish us luck, we'll need it...

Paul

AerBabe
24th Aug 2004, 21:07
NOTAM (ish)

The aerial fun will be taking place between the hours of 1300 and 1530. During this time there will be a display by Mr Teichman in his P51, "Jumpin' Jacques" and a Bulldog display. After those, there is the mass formation of about 21 Pups and Bulldogs.

I suggest you come outside those hours. :suspect:
And be nice to whoever's in the tower. ;)

AerBabe
27th Aug 2004, 13:16
Those who said they can make it ... and haven't come back to say they can't:

Genghis the Engineer
bar shaker
Send Clowns
Whirlybird
DOC.400
NinjaBill
TonyR
map5623
Lowtimer
Flyin'Dutch'
Vintage ATCO
Tall_guy_in_a_152
Keef (if he can get away on time ;) )
Modern Dinosaur
pbloore
stiknruda (we call them 'low approach & go around', not R&B)
QuackDriver
LowNSlow (am only)

It would be useful if you let me know if you can't make it. Or if you would like to be added to the list!

Don't forget PPR as it's a busy weekend!

Evo
27th Aug 2004, 13:51
I'm off on holiday, so i'm not going to be able to make it. Send my regards to the bolly-swilling barrister if he's there :)

LowNSlow
27th Aug 2004, 13:57
I'm going to try and make it in the morning. Have to be back home for 14:00 though unfortunately.

Paul_Sengupta
27th Aug 2004, 18:39
Hey, weather permitting, I'll be there. Mind you, I'm flying in the formation, so it would probably look a bit strange without me. Don't know if we have any standby planes. Hope the weather's nice!

PPR? Ok, my notice. I'll be flying in sometime Saturday morning, assuming a) I can get up in time, and b) the weather's nice. I should be there, we have a practise on Saturday afternoon. First time with more than 3 planes! :-)

Hmm, now what's the latest penalty for leading 21 planes into the Stansted zone? :-)

Paul

Whirlybird
28th Aug 2004, 12:16
I won't be there; don't like the look of the weather for such a long flight. Have fun, folks. Come to the Gatbash instead so that I can meet those of you I don't know.

Going flying Monday instead, hopefully. :)

GT02FLY
28th Aug 2004, 19:43
Weather permitting, I'll be there tomorrow morning (G-BERW).

Graeme

Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
28th Aug 2004, 20:42
Weather permitting, hope to be there with Whiskey Kilo and Charlie Charlie in loose formation.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Safe Flying.

WKW.

ModernDinosaur
29th Aug 2004, 09:00
Sorry I'm going to miss you all today - I've decided that flying with mild whip-lash after a minor car accident on Friday night isn't sensible. Hope you all have fun, and I'm sure I'll get to meet most of you at another fly-in.

Have fun, and fly safe,

MD.

DubTrub
29th Aug 2004, 23:15
A nice departure of a lot of Pups and Bulldogs from North Weald this Sunday afternoon, some smart formation flying.

I was northbound on the M11, just departed the M25 at the time (Mrs DT in command) but I was listening out on the handheld on Stapleford's frequency (the expression from them was "large gaggle" or similar, but in a friendly manner).

Looked good from the ground, boys and girls.

DT

Rallye Driver
30th Aug 2004, 06:38
Thanks for those kind words. I was Blue 3 in the formation. 18 aircraft altogether, we had hoped for 21 but didn't have enough pilots with formation training on the day.

It was incredible to be in a formation of so many aircraft all lined up on the runway for a stream take off. We formed into Vics at Willingale.

Great that Aerbabe and Genghis 'Thrusted' their way up from Chilbolton. Hope it didn't take too long to get back with that headwind!

An enjoyable day was had by all. I even managed an air-to-air photo session in the morning along with a few others and the event photographer in a Cessna 207.

Will post some pics in due course.

Genghis the Engineer
30th Aug 2004, 08:39
3 hours and 20 minutes, which may hold the endurance record for a 77nm flight. However, back safely, in daylight (just), if somewhat knackered.

G

bar shaker
30th Aug 2004, 10:30
AB

Sorry I didn't make it. Got back from hols at 23:30 the night before and was up for it, although I knew Mrs Shaker would do her nut.

On waking and seeing the squally showers, I decided that the conditions didn't justify the grief I would have gotten. :(

Sounds like you all had a great time and well done that chap in the bow tie for 77nm/3'20" :uhoh: :ok:

Lowtimer
30th Aug 2004, 11:07
Thank you LowNSlow for helping my passenger with the headset loan, you're a true gent, and that HM set seems incredible value for money.

It was a windy day indeed and having to switch at the last minute fom the Yak to the Cub meant I spent more than an hour each way in transit to/from Sywell dodging the showers.

Thought the Pup and Bulldog formation did remarkably well in choppy conditions and I really enjoyed the Yak team display and Peter Teichman's Mustang demo, also the solo Dog display which cannot have been easy with all that wind to correct for in a relatively low-energy aeroplane - who was the pilot?

Genghis, I reckon that puts your total Thrusting for the day at about six and a quarter hours, including your local. Break out the moisturiser!

LowNSlow
30th Aug 2004, 12:37
No problem Lowtimer, glad to be of assistance.

An enjoyable day (well morning for me) out and nice to meet some new Ppruners and others.

AerBabe
30th Aug 2004, 16:17
What a great day! Thank you to everyone who made it. The sound of 20 ish aircraft doing a simultaneous engine-start was something rather special, and the stream take off and formation flying was excellent. The Aerostars, Peter Teichman in his P51 and the Bulldog pilot all gave great performances too.

I do have some photos, but I'll have to post them later...

GtE and I thought we were on a winner with a 1h30min trip up. But, as he said, it took us 3h20m to get home. The flight was hard work with the stiff cross wind. The novelty of flying sideways wears off after 10 minutes and after several hours is just not amusing. When I first started flying the Thruster I thought I'd have to join a gym. Now I realise I won't need a gym because I am flying a Thruster. :hmm:

Paul_Sengupta
31st Aug 2004, 08:53
I was Black 3, right down the back. You should have seen the view of the planes lined up on the runway from where I was sitting! All in a line in the run-up area was also very impressive. As for choppy conditions, the thing that made it choppy was the huge amount of wake turbulance I had to fly through! :-)

I think if we ever do anything like that again we should run in at 50ft stepped-up intervals for the vics.

The Bulldog display pilot was Paul Margetts. He's the guy that used to display my plane when it was in the RAF. It was Paul that designed my colour scheme. It was painted by the Red Arrows guys at Scampton. Unfortunately he couldn't use my plane on Sunday as the engine frame is on conditions and aeros are prohibited.

Paul

Rallye Driver
31st Aug 2004, 15:09
A few pics from the cockpit. Sorry about the quality, but they were taken on a freebie 'point and shoot'.

Backtracking 20 - eight in front, nine behind. (I felt a bit sorry for the guy in the C152 who landed and turned off the runway to see eighteen aircraft taxying towards him!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Taxi2_Lo.jpg

Fairly loose Vic en route - Blue Section from Blue 3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Vic_Lo.jpg

Red and White Sections ahead, running in from Hanningfield

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/9_Ship_Lo.jpg

Nice scheme on your 'Dog, Paul. Superb aeros too from the other Paul.

Bluebeard
31st Aug 2004, 22:29
The poor bloke in the C152 (actually a tarted up C150) was me!!:) No worries about having to hold, its not often you get held up by 18 Beagles/Bulldogs taxying in a row, definitely worth the novelty value:ok:

You guys were even kind enough to let me put her way before you took off. Caught the flypast too, pretty cool.:D

EEJay
1st Sep 2004, 07:32
Nice pix.

I was Gold 3 (No 12) and can only say what a fantastic image the whole show was. Seeing 11 Pups/Dogs ahead on taxi, the line up and power checks at the hold followed by the take off was a something I will treasure forever. The whole experience was topped off by the 'run and break' landing and the great round of applause from the spectators.

The formation landed several days ago but I'm still on a high.

Lets do it again one day.

EJ

Rallye Driver
1st Sep 2004, 07:48
Absolutely right EEJay.

I think we all owe a huge 'thank you' to Brian Skillicorn who worked out all the logistics and timings, briefed us thoroughly and led the formation so well.

To get us all around and back down again without anyone having to go around, was certainly an achievement.

Now looking forward to getting the pix from the official photographer. Come on AB, let's see yours!

PPRuNe Radar
1st Sep 2004, 11:31
I hope those nice men at The Ministry for the Cancellation of All Aviation approved your non standard RT callsigns :p

Seriously though .... looks like a great event and a lot of fun for all concerned.

Well done !!

Paul_Sengupta
1st Sep 2004, 14:40
Photo of us lined up on the runway, taken from right down the back. (http://ukga.com/images/content/image2251.JPG)

AerBabe
1st Sep 2004, 21:35
Blue 3 - I'm still having technical hitches (or should that be catches? ;) ) If you don't mind, could you PM me your email address, and I'll send them across to you to post...

And agreed - Brian did a fantastic job to get you unruly mob to look so good. :ok:

down&out
2nd Sep 2004, 00:50
Wow - great pictures of the bulldog formation.

I didn't realise all you dogs were going to be there - that would have been enough for me to make my excuses to mrs D&O and get there (Most I've previously seen in one place was around 16 for an inter air squadron trophy - That was a long time ago and we didn't do a full formation departure)

So if you guys get together again, do advertise it a bit and I'll come and say hello if I can.

Great to see the old birds again :ok:

Paul_Sengupta
2nd Sep 2004, 17:04
Did we look good then? Ooo.

Don't know, seems a shame to not do it again after all that training. Have to see.

Advertise? I did post the notam up on here...

Paul

Rallye Driver
5th Sep 2004, 05:45
Some more pics. The first two from AerBabe show the static line-up and waiting to taxi back for shutdown...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/AerBabe1Lo.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/AerBabe2.jpg

Other pics courtesy of Mushroom 1.

Another view of the static line up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Parked_Lines_Lo.jpg

Blue Section taxying out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Blue_Section_Taxi_Lo.jpg

Blue Section Vic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Blue_Section_Flypast_Lo.jpg

Red Section RIAB

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Red_Section_RIAB_Lo.jpg

Holding on 31 to taxi back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Holding_on_31_Lo.jpg

The Maestro (Skillie)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Skillie_Lo.jpg

Waiting to shut down

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Switch_Off_Lo.jpg

The Aerostars depart...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/YakRider/Aerostars_Lo.jpg

pbloore
6th Sep 2004, 13:31
I'm sorry I missed the get together - looked like you all had fun. Crcumstances conspired against me, but maybe next time.

down&out
6th Sep 2004, 15:58
Advertise? I did post the notam up on here...

fair cop - I guess it serves me right for skim reading too quickly

[edited to cover up my crap typing and stop AerBabe's reply making sense;) ]

AerBabe
6th Sep 2004, 16:08
Looks like you proof read too quickly as well! :p

LowNSlow
8th Sep 2004, 10:34
Saw three Spits in formation going to Duxford on my way back from NW. Luverly! It made up for having to poodle off before the mass bow wow take off.