View Full Version : Sisteron Valley Flying Club and Bill Brooks

2Donkeys
30th Mar 2001, 00:59
Sorry for the X-post, no joy in Private Flying. I am particularly keen to trace Bill Brooks or one of his former instructors Eamonn Farrell

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
Does anybody know what became of this outfit? In the mid 1990s they used to advertise in Flyer each month for 2 week consolidated PPL courses in Sisteron in the South of France.
Their predecessor was Flight Training International, who ran a similar sort of thing in Cannes, but are now long gone. In fact it was Flight Training International, IIRC that gave away the PPL course offered as prizes with the first edition of "Flyer"
</font>

-2Donkeys

kzmrwc
30th Mar 2001, 05:14
I've been flying in Sisteron for the last five years and nobody speaks English over there. So I guess that school doesn't exist anymore.

Genghis the Engineer
2nd Apr 2001, 14:07
If you are talking about Bill Brooks, the hang-glider, microlight and (more recently) aeroplane designer, who I know was an instructor in his youth, he is Chief Engineer at Pegasus Aviation in Malborough. The company's phone number is 01672-861578.

G

[This message has been edited by Genghis the Engineer (edited 02 April 2001).]

2Donkeys
3rd Apr 2001, 22:52
Genghis

Different Bill Brooks I'm afraid, although a direct contact from a Ppruner has now pointed me in the right direction I think.

Thanks

-2Donkeys