View Full Version : medical

long final
28th Mar 2001, 01:25
Can someone tell me do you need class I or II medical to instruct?

Regards

LF

Delta Wun-Wun
28th Mar 2001, 03:52
I think but dont quote me,that you will need a Class1 if you wish to get paid ,as you will also need a CPL.You can instruct on a PPL if a member of a club and you are not paid,so I would assume you would only need a Class 2.

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

arrow2
28th Mar 2001, 14:22
Is BEagle out there to confirm?? I too am thinking of doing an FI course just so that I can do some weekend instructing, unpaid, for fun.

So as I understand it I need a Class 2 medical, do the flying course with an FIC Instructor and whatever the groundschool requirements are. Am I correct in saying that I do not need to do the full CPL writtens if I am not being paid? Should I do them anyway?

Thanks BEagle (or anyone else)!

A2

Mark 1
28th Mar 2001, 17:01
Whether CPL or PPL, the pre-entry requirements for the FI course are the same (except some experience concession for CPL holders). I.e you will still have to do CPL written examinations, and unless you can pass the UK exams in their next and final sitting, this will mean enrolling on a course with an approved training provider.

There is some talk of a reduced requirement for instructing on the forthcoming national PPL, but nothing has been agreed as far as I know.

A Class 2 is sufficient for PPL/FI (unremunerated).