PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation advice at CCAT please...

Foz2
28th Jun 2004, 15:43
Hi,

Starting up at CCAT in August for my ATPL's and wondering about accomodation. Ive got the accomodation list but don't really know where to start!! Most of the accomodation seems to be B&B. Is that what most people go for - not sure that I want to spend 6 or 7 months in a B&B!!

Any past or present students' advice would be most appreciated. What have you guys found to be the best thing to do?

Thanks in advance

Foz

Jinkster
8th Aug 2004, 00:37
Foz,

Prolly a bit late now but buy a touring caravan and live in it during the week.

GREAT IDEA!

Jinkster

:ok:

What`s a hold?
9th Aug 2004, 00:19
Try staying in T Sharland`s office, he`s never in it......:ok:

Whispering Giant
9th Aug 2004, 05:40
When i was at Cabair last year - i stayed at a really nice B+B on a farm in Wotton Green, The owner's were really reasonable with the rate's and for a bit extre will add an evening meal in.
The accomadation was basic - but nice and quiet, perfect for studying. I cant rememeber the owner's surname but i can remember her fist name was Linda - if you look on the accomadation list she's on there.

brgds

W.G

The Otter's Pocket
12th Aug 2004, 06:54
Foz
Good luck with your search for accom.
Could you let me know how it went as I am due to start the course in Nov. Residential ATPL groundschool.
I would be interested as which accom to stear clear of. A personal e-mail may be the best for this.

Rgds

Mobieus1
12th Aug 2004, 13:57
Cranfield University is also there as well isn't it? Could you get in a house share with other students there?

Foz2
13th Aug 2004, 18:05
Thanks for all your replies guys. First week of Groundschool done, very tired but going well. Accomodation sorted in a nice B&B in Cranfield - spot on.

'The Otter's pocket' check your PMs

Cheers

Foz