PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: C150 / C152 for hire / group share

Krayzee
28th Jun 2004, 12:57
Looking for C150 / C152 for group share or hire, reasonably close to Woking, Surrey, England. Please contact me

Thanks

Chris

Bumz_Rush
28th Jun 2004, 18:58
There is a very good 140 at Biggin that might need one more in the group.
Close to woking, ish....
PM is interested, and I will try to point you in right direction.

SlipSlider
29th Jun 2004, 10:09
Krayzee, have a look at the Popham website, or call in there and have a look at the notice board. Popham is close to you, and shares are usually available in C150/C152 groups, as well as others for hire. And its a great place to fly from !
Slip

Genghis the Engineer
29th Jun 2004, 10:34
I know of a well run 152 syndicate at Popham that is very large (20 members) so is (a) cheap, and (b) usually somebody is advertising a share. I think that shares usually go for about £1500, then it's £25/mth and £35/hr.

Drop me an Email if you are interested, and I'll have a word with somebody about details.

G

(N.B. I know that this particular syndicate has a 100hrs P1 minimum).

Miles Magister
29th Jun 2004, 18:47
Krayzee

When looking to purchase a share make sure you do an accurate wieght and ballance / C of G calculation before commiting yourself. These a/c were designed for 160lb pilots inc all kit and many people these days can not fly some 152s and stay within the limits.

Stay legal and stay safe.

Krayzee
30th Jun 2004, 10:52
Will try and answer all in one go! Firstly many thanks for replying and taking the time to help me out.

Already had the Popham website bookmarked and that's what got me looking for more websites that advertise group sharing. There was a lovely C150 there, good price, but, unsurprisingly, I was too late. Never mind, I'm sure something else will come along. Doesn't have to be a C150/152, I learnt and passed my PPL in a 150 and loved it. As C152 is fundamentally the same, slightly faster plus few other bits and pieces, it would probably be an easy transition. I'm looking to build hours as quickly and cheaply as possible, that is hopefully close to where I live. Having flown 5 hours in a Warrior I'm also starting to think I prefer high wing aircraft. They're cheaper too! I have visited Popham many times, only by car mind, and it's one of my favourite airfields. Great atmosphere, everyone's friendly.

Would definitely be interested in the 152 syndicate but unfortunately I'm not 100hrs P1 and I'm assuming that doesn't include the 45hrs PPL training. Great prices but I won't meet the criteria. Big shame

Surprised at the 160lbs. Is that just for 152s or 150s as well? Reason I ask is that a couple of my flying instructors were pretty big guys and although we used up quite a bit of runway and it took the 150 a while to climb, it still flew well. On my own I'm well within 160lbs, but it's a two seater with room for kit so how can you be expected to carry less than 160lbs if two people want to go out for the day? Bizarre.

For the time being, I have found Redhill Aviation hire C152s at a reasonable price. I did nowhere near enough flying to get my licence renewed on experience so (hopefully) that's where I'll be flying over the coming weekends, getting checked out and then hiring until a suitable share comes along.

Thanks again guys

Genghis the Engineer
30th Jun 2004, 11:03
100hrs P1 is just that particular syndicate, most others are more relaxed (and, I should say, many of the Popham syndicates have some much more interesting machines to fly than a 152 ;) ).

There is, incidentally, only one place to find out what's available at Popham, that's the noticeaboard in the clubhouse, very little appears on the website or anywhere off the airfield.

G

Krayzee
30th Jun 2004, 12:35
Thanks G. I'll definitely stop by the message board next time I visit, which I'm sure won't be distant! There are too many types out there to decide what I'd like to fly though it'll be costs that will decide for me. I just need to get flying, and get flying more regularly and a 150/152 is a good place to start

Chris

Genghis the Engineer
30th Jun 2004, 13:14
http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/Aircraft_groups.htm

G

Krayzee
30th Jun 2004, 13:33
Had the Popham airfield website bookmarked already! Yankee Papa had a share up for sale recently but got snapped up straight away. Both the share price, monthly and hourly rates were excellent. Big shame. Maybe another of the group wants to sell me theirs??!!

I've seen two other adverts recently for 1/12 and 1/10 in C150 but they were priced at £2500 and £2795 respectively. I find that a little high