PDA

View Full Version : White Waltham Tiger Moth flights, a question

Man-on-the-fence
27th Jun 2004, 08:43
Greetings

I have a very good friend who has a Tiger Moth flight booked with a company at White Waltham on July 2nd.

I am taking him there and would like to be able to get some photos of him (I take the odd photo as some of you may know). Can any one let me have the contact details for the Tiger chaps at WW and give me a clue as to whether they are photog friendly please.

I am quite happy to let them have copies of the images for their own purposes.

Thanks

Phoenix09
27th Jun 2004, 10:41
Avia Special are one of the companies that offer Tiger Moth flights from White Waltham but I believe that there are others as well.

Avia can be contacted on 01707 378581. I believe that they are fairly photographer friendly as there are always plenty of people with cameras over there.

It may be worth finding out exactly which company he is flying with.

White Waltham in general is very accommodating of photographers.

FNG
27th Jun 2004, 12:23
As well as Avia there is Delta. Photos are fine. Avia offer in-cockpit videos also.

Foxy Loxy
29th Jun 2004, 16:52
As far as I'm aware, most tiger moth pilots are more than happy about photos there. I believe there are 4/5 tiger moths based there. My advice is, turn up, get chatting and see what you can get.

Foxy

FNG
29th Jun 2004, 17:02
There are well over a dozen Moths based at Waltham, but they are mostly privately owned. Avia use the vaguely tired looking but trusty G-AHAN. Delta use a slightly spiffier looking red one.

Man-on-the-fence
29th Jun 2004, 17:19
Many thanks for the replies

I am hoping to get a good takeoff and or landing shot as a momento of the day for him. I will have a chat with the operators when I get there. I am quite happy to share my photos with them if they think they are good enough and they can use them.

Thanks once again

Tiger_ Moth
30th Jun 2004, 18:39
I know the guy who runs Avia there and I couldn't see him having a problem with it.