View Full Version : Link to Wannabes discussion - changing FI's

Wee Weasley Welshman
7th Aug 2001, 23:14
http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010405

Gentlemen (and women) your comments would be more than welcome.

ps are you guys all having a good summer? You know the other morning - gin clear - I was flying over Cranfield in my works Boeing and I couldn't help but wish I was off to do some local area Nav rather than Alicante...

The Nr Fairy
8th Aug 2001, 10:38
And when you were doing local area Nav, you'd see the Boeing and wish you were off to Alicante.

Some people are never happy :D

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Aug 2001, 15:08
True. Most of us will never be happy until we are Shuttle Commander. And even then we'll yarn on about the good old days when flying was fun...

robione
9th Aug 2001, 02:48
Sometimes the chemistry just isn,t right.Had a student who was flying with one of our other instructors who is a top bloke ,1000s of hrs and very proffesional,well i covered for him recently and one of his students asked me if i could instruct him thereon in.Im very green behind the ears as far as instructing goes so i took the matter to the CFI, I ACTUALLY FELT QUITE LOUSY about the fact that the other bloke would be thinking im nicking his students.The CFI didnt say much to make me feel better,but if thats what the student wanted then give it him.I didnt ask him why he wanted to change instructors,i felt it was not for me to question, i agreed that i would now instruct him as per the CFIs word who said he would speak to the other instructor on his return if i wanted him to.I went and spoke to him myself and told him that his student had requested me and hoped he didnt mind.I didnt enter much conversation about why cos i actually felt quite embarrased about the whole affair.He said it wasnt a problem and was very nice about it ,but i still feel a bit ****ty about it,knowing that this bloke is a top instructor with a whole wealth of experience and me being very new to instructing,like i said i think sometimes its just the chemistrys not quite right.
PS WWW Welshpool are looking for instructors,maybe a bit of P/T and a little return to your old roost.

[ 08 August 2001: Message edited by: robione ]

Balance!
9th Aug 2001, 12:30
Hey www, give us a wave next time :D

Wee Weasley Welshman
9th Aug 2001, 14:50
Welshpool are looking are they? Hmm, I might be able to point a few people their way then.

I would love to be able to live in Welshpool, fly longhaul and spend the days inbetween doing a bit of FI work at Welshpool. Maybee be an ad hic examiner or something.

However, 900 rostered hours a year in Essex rather precludes any chance of that. You can't have everything!

DB6
11th Aug 2001, 16:02
Hey WWW, you can't pull 6g or teach people reverse stall turns in a Boeing. No contest! Having a great time, hope you are too.

Kermit 180
12th Aug 2001, 12:41
Sure is green and colourful down here in the friction layer, and plenty of nice landing spots if you feel the need.

Kermie :D