PDA

View Full Version : want to fly 100hr/month

flying kid
16th Jan 2001, 22:52
hello fellow instructors

pan am flight school in florida is looking for alot of instructors if u have a jaa fi or fi (r)

the score here is they will pay for your acccom and standardisatiion training unless u are legal int he states unfortunately they can not pay u but hey do provide transport to fom appartment and pay for a nice accom hey at end of the day we just want to build hours quickly and then get into the airline if you are intrestred contact me or call pan am flight school and ask for christopher troulson

the school is based in ft pierce very nice [place and to this day through out my taining ive never seen a more proffesional out fit than this

fellow pilots and friends want to do some flying then chech this outttt

safe fllying

DB6
17th Jan 2001, 01:36
Hmmmm. Unfortunately they cannot pay you ? In the words of the immortal bard; F**K THAT ! I know we don't get paid much but that's just taking the piss.

[This message has been edited by DB6 (edited 16 January 2001).]

Luke SkyToddler
17th Jan 2001, 04:58
Jesus H Christ Flying Kid, I certainly hope their training standards are better than their spelling!!

Anyway, you reckon you've never seen a more professional outfit in your life, is that so? Well generally speaking, even the nastiest little one-cessna grass strip PPL flying clubs in UK/Europe manage to make a token gesture towards paying their instructors! Would you care to explain as to why a large and successful commercial flying school bearing the name of one of the greatest airlines in history, cannot do the same?

RVR800
17th Jan 2001, 13:47
I think the point is unless you are entitled to live and work in the US then payment
is not allowed ?

Sleeve Wing
18th Jan 2001, 01:01
RVR800,
probably true but is there any reason why an arrangement couldn't be worked out to pay sterling into a UK bank ?
Flying Instructors have been "used" for far too long.

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

flying kid
18th Jan 2001, 01:35
well my priority like alot of instructors i beleive is to get the hours as quick as posibbleand do what they really want to do and thats to get in the airline
being in the uk presently and instructing its not possible to do as much flying as you can do in florida so if its has to be no wages for the few monthes then so be it at least ill have more hours

well if any one is interestee then email your c.v to [email protected]

or ring them 001 561 467 0070
or fax 001 561 467 0072

spanwiseflow
18th Jan 2001, 06:46
Unfortunately, I need to get paid so as I can afford a dictionary for my spelling, and a new computer keyboard that has punctuation symbols, capital letters available via a shift key and a space bar.

W@#nker!

[This message has been edited by spanwiseflow (edited 18 January 2001).]

Sleeve Wing
18th Jan 2001, 13:53
Flying Kid,
Thank God I'm not going to be trained by you.
You're obviously the type who gets a certain sector of flying training a very bad name.
Your heart's not in it,son. Get out before you can do any more damage.

[This message has been edited by Sleeve Wing (edited 18 January 2001).]

Startup
18th Jan 2001, 14:48
Wind up? maybe an ex student of Pan Am who is disgruntled and does not want other students to go there.

If I were looking for a school, and I'd just read that, I'd be able to eliminate one school from my list of possible FTOs.

Flying Kid- if you are for real, then I suggest you edit your post. Potential customers will NOT like to read that sort of thing!

RVR800
18th Jan 2001, 17:17
FK Good luck with your new job in the US
Not bad after a week of looking eh!

>...........Previous Post a week ago..
>hello and happy new year to u all
>hi i was wondering wether any body knows of >any body looking for flight instructors ive >recently qualified and looking for my first >instructor job please could u forward me >some detauls if so
>
>many thanks

Luke SkyToddler
19th Jan 2001, 05:55
Hey Flying Kid - it's plainly obvious from your postings that you never paid any attention at school but you really should have listened up in history class.

You see, a couple of hundred years ago, certain wealthy individuals from the southern United States had this habit of bringing people across the Atlantic and getting them to work for nothing. I imagine that much like your current employers, they provided accommodation, and transport to and from work!! (In yet another striking historical comparison, most of the people they imported were poorly educated and completely illiterate, such as yourself :) ) Yet for some reason, the rest of America found this practice so deplorable that they went to war upon their own countrymen, and many thousands of people died, in order to put a stop to it.

You my friend are a goddamn fool. You should be ashamed to even stick your head into a PROFESSIONAL Pilot's forum.

Luke SkyToddler
19th Jan 2001, 06:04
And I'll tell you something else that amazes me - that any school in the current employment climate could be so commercially naive, as to offer a deal like that to Euro-qualified instructors and expect to get anything other than total dross! Especially a company like Pan Am, which I have heard generally puts out quality product. In fact, Flying Kid, I've got half a mind to email your masters and ask them to pop into PPRuNe and clarify this lucrative sounding job opportunity - something tells me they will be less than pleased with your totally inept efforts to market their school! I'd watch out if I was you - the traditional way to deal with troublesome slaves is a few dozen lashes with the old cane, and a week or two without food :) :) :)

FAAJAA
19th Jan 2001, 07:16
What a tizzy...its due to US labor laws. No one is forcing you to come...but there are lots of hours available. And quite a few people are taking PAIFA up on the offer...if you dont like it sod off, if you want hours, feel free to send a CV.