PDA

View Full Version : Airspace Restrictions in July

Mike Cross
24th Jun 2004, 14:42
AIS have asked me to let you know that there are a number of restrictions in July in the south of England

NOTAM/AIC numbers and dates affected below.

S22/2004 London Control Zone Temporary HEL Arrangements For Ascot
Diamond Weekend - 23-25 Jul

S21/2004 London Heathrow Airport: Temporary SIDs (because of
Farnborough Air Show)- 19-25 Jul

S20/2004 Farnborough International 2004-HEL Operations - 19-25 Jul

S19/2004 Farnborough International 2004-General- 19-25 Jul

AIC 31/2004 Restriction of Flying Regulations Farnborough - 12 - 26 Jul
and also NOTAM J233/04

Mike

RichyRich
24th Jun 2004, 15:36
Thanks for the heads-up Mike.

This being my first post training year, does anyone know how restrictive Farnborough are (in the run-up to, not including The Weekend)? Looks like they've grabbed huge chunks of airspace. How busy does it get the weekend prior (17 July rings a bell for a big day out at White Walthom: if I get a plane for the day :D ).

RR

Edit: Having had a chance to read the AIC I see that the airpace around Lasham is unrestricted for that weekend, but I wouldn't really want to have to go too near them. Looks like a long(er) trip round, unless Farnborough are able to give a crossing.

IO540
24th Jun 2004, 23:06
Just so long as they come up on the AIS Narrow Route Briefing, that's fine by me.

GK430
25th Jun 2004, 07:06
There's a few other Mauve AIC's as well;

Silverstone;
PFA Kemble;
IAT Fairford - which takes a mighty chunk of airspace
RNAS Culdrose.

...............keep reading!

Mike Cross
25th Jun 2004, 09:34
Just so long as they come up on the AIS Narrow Route Briefing, that's fine by me.
They will of course, this is just to encourage those who might have developed the habit of not bothering to check.:rolleyes:

Another_CFI
25th Jun 2004, 11:44
RichyRich, I have flown from an airfield directly affected by the Farnborough Airshow TRA for the past 17years and have found that it has minimal impact on non-airshow traffic.

The controllers do a great job of permitting non-airshow traffic to operate as near to normal as possible, though you should anticipate that they may re-route you or ask you to orbit for a short time so that they can de-conflict you and airshow traffic.

If you compare this years TRA to those of previous years you will also find that it occupies less space than in previous years.

owenlars
25th Jun 2004, 15:43
Agree with Another_CFI, it's a case of ask and ye shall receive (probably). The more confident you sound and the more you know exactly what you want to do when you ask them the more likely they will be to accommodate you.

My experience of Farnborough is uniformly good, I think they do a great job and I've been darting in and out of their airspace for 10 years or so.

Owen