PDA

View Full Version : NZ validation in UK

Crowe
23rd Jun 2004, 17:46
Hi guys

I've got a business trip to Christchurch coming up in the autumn , spring there I guess, and would like to get in some solo flying - from the NZ CAA it seems that it takes 5 days or so from getting the flight test done to getting your ticket, and I'm not going to be there for long enough.

So, are there any NZ qualified instructors knocking around the UK (preferably round Yorkshire way) that could do the test, sign off the relevant papers so I could send them off and get the paperwork sorted in advance?

Thanks for your help

cblinton@blueyonder.
23rd Jun 2004, 19:28
crowe

Hi mate

You can get this sorted very easily at canterbury aviation, I hold botha a NZ and Uk ppl and have been back to ChCH to do twin rating etc and hire !!

I take it you already hold a UK PPL?

If you want any further advice give me a bell on 07976281756 as I also know heaps of folfk in ChCh NZ.

G-KEST
24th Jun 2004, 16:19
I have a reverse query. On a recent holiday in NZ I had a NZ biennial in April with a NZ instructor to the NZ reqirements in a PA32-260. This is confirmed by a logbook entry. I now only hold a UK NPPL(SSEA) and wonder if this NZ biennial would cover me in terms of a skill test to revalidate my current UK licence valid until August 2004? I suspect not since my NZ instructor does not hold a JAR FI rating.
What a bureaucratic situation since the aircraft flies in exactly the same manner no matter where you are in the world. If you are competant in NZ then you are the same in the UK or indeed any other country. Ah well.
Trapper 69

reynoldsno1
24th Jun 2004, 20:54
Don't think the UK CAA sees it that way....

Irishwingz
25th Jun 2004, 00:36
Can anyone answer Crowe's question:

Are there any NZ instructors that can do biennials in the UK?

I too have an NZ PPL and may require this when i return to Ireland - it would be handy to do it in the UK than in NZ!!:p

Cheers