View Full Version : Solo Student details

MJR
26th Jul 2001, 14:02
Dear Instructor Forum,

I am a recently qualified instructor having completed my 50th instructional hour and 4 supervised solo flights. My question is when I eventually get round to having my restriction removed what details will the CAA require for the 25 supervised solo flights i.e Date, Brakes off, Brakes on, exercise, aircraft registration, CFI ?

cheers

MJR

Wibbly P
26th Jul 2001, 16:01
MJR

You need to fill in the FCL-JAR 10 form. On the reverse of the form it has 25 lines and 8 columns:

Date
Students Name
CAA Ref No (The Students No)
A/C Type
A/C Reg'n
Exercise No.(s)
Signature of Supervising FI
CAA Ref No (The Supervising FI's No)

Trying to find out all the CAA No's causes most people grief, but if you know their names and any other details, Call the CAA they will help you fill in the missing ones.

Hope that's what you wanted to know.

WP

MJR
26th Jul 2001, 20:02
Was that "help" from the CAA, does this require a phone call with a holding time of 5 hours by any chance.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

cheers

MJR

Noggin
26th Jul 2001, 21:42
MJR

You should have been issued with this form when you received your FI(R) rating.

Your supervising FI should be ensuring that you know what to do, and then sign you off after each supervised solo flight.

[ 26 July 2001: Message edited by: Noggin ]

Wibbly P
27th Jul 2001, 12:14
MJR,

You queued for 5 hours? That was probably the Robbie Williams Ticket Hotline, The CAA usually only takes about 5-10 Minutes.

WP

Dragger of Tail
1st Aug 2001, 14:02
Do students have caa reference numbers if they don't have a licence? :confused:

Wibbly P
1st Aug 2001, 17:41
They would need a Medical to go solo, so in theory they will have a reference number (Or at least when CAA AMC gets the paperwork they will).
:rolleyes: