PDA

View Full Version : Superb writing standards in UK GA magazines

Genghis the Engineer
21st Jun 2004, 16:24
To counterbalance the somewhat gloomy tone in "another" thread, I hear today that several of our number are finalists in the annual Aerospace journalist of the year award (http://www.ajoya.com/) .

So step forward and take a bow Ppruners Whirlybird, Dave Unwin and Airbedane who have all been nominated for awards, (some the writing for which, I suspect that we read on PPrune first :O )

What I don't know is when the final winner is announced, but presumably we will all hear in good time and can turn up with the champagne :ok:

(If I missed anybody else, well done, but don't be shy - tell us !)

G

Aussie Andy
21st Jun 2004, 22:32
here here - well done :ok:

Whirlybird
22nd Jun 2004, 08:20
Another PPRuNer nominated for an award is Pat Malone (ex t'aint natural), a regular poster on Rotorheads.

What I don't know is when the final winner is announced, but presumably we will all hear in good time and can turn up with the champagne

According to the website (thanks for the link, Genghis) we all get to go to an awards dinner some time during the Farnborough Air Show, which is next month. I haven't heard anything "officially" yet though, so this is all merely rumours...but that's what PPRune is for. ;)

BRL
22nd Jun 2004, 08:49
Woooow, excellent, fingers crossed for you all. :ok:

Best of luck. :)

Whirlybird
22nd Jun 2004, 10:32
Just heard that the Awards Ceremony etc is 19th July in London. I expect to get to drink some champagne....but if PPRuNers want to turn up with any more..... :)